Breaking the Plateau in 2012

Options
I would like to start a group for people that have been stuck in a plateau, like me, that need a extra push to get things moving again.

These are the terms of the competition:
The challenge will last 8 weeks. Each week begins on Monday. Check-ins may begin on Monday and end on Sunday. You may weigh in on the day that is best for you just keep it consistent week to week. Final calculations will be posted Mondays along with the results of total lost and points for the week. There are 2 parts to the competition: Points and weight percentage lost. There will be Weekly challenges to help get some extra calories burned.

Points are earned 1 (one) for every minute of exercise (Strength AND/OR Cardio) and 2 points for completing weekly challenges. Each week, we will tally the total Points.
At the end of each month, the total average of points will be calculated.

Please let me know if you are interested. I have a spreadsheet created through google docs and will send a link to the frist 35-40 participants. I want to keep it smaller the first time so nobody gets lost.

Replies

• deevo
    deevo Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I am a little confused...but I am sure I will figure it all out when I see the spreadsheet. I have been at one of the worst plateaus of my time. The same weight since Thanksgiving. I would like to kick everything into high gear in the new year. Plus I like the points idea because I am very competitive :) Please include me
    -Heather
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I am interested. I have been plateaued for 2 stinking years! I need something to get me going. So, we'll start 1/1?
  • kristenn1989
    kristenn1989 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm actually rather interested in this. I'm a little confused by the explanation, but I definitely need something to keep me going.
  • goalie35
    goalie35 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am interested. I have been plateaued for 2 stinking years! I need something to get me going. So, we'll start 1/1?

You have done awesome! We will actually start 1/2 since that is the first Monday in the new year.
  • jang711
    jang711 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Time to break my plateau of 4 weeks also. If you have room I'd like to be included. Looking forward to making it into "onederland" soon, hoping this challenge will help.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I am so in. I have been stuck between 166-162 for months ... this will help...
  • goalie35
    Options
    Nice seeing the interests. I will send out information to everyone.
  • cmon288
    cmon288 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My plateau knocked me off my game. I'm coming back hard though! I would love to join this challenge!
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I need to get going again! Count me in!
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Count me in I've been hovering from 267-272 for over a month :(
  • 4ktsowngood
    Options
    Count me in. I need to get back into the swing and back hard. I had a very bad year and fell off the eating wagon. I need a challenge to get me going and keep me going.:smile:
  • chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,493
    Options
    Wonder if this will get me off of my 5 month plateau streak??
    Lets do it!
    If I break the plateau I've been in since July, I WIN!!!
    LOL
  • deevo
    deevo Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Goalie....GREAT IDEA HERE! Thank you for creating the Google doc, looks great! I hope a few more people will be willing to join us for this challenge in breaking through the plateaus. My first and main goal was for Christmas....didn't quite make it since I hit this plateau, so now my next goal is for Valentines day :).....maybe I will actually get a valentine this year ha
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    i'd love to join this too, I've been between 216 - 220 since the summer, love the idea of a group of people together who are in the same boat
  • goalie35
    Options
    Added everyone.
  • howeasyisit
    Options
    I would like to get in on this...Sounds like a great idea...I also like the point idea....Excited to have a goal for the new year,. Not sure how this all works. I am new at this site so have not had the opportunity to join in a project like this. We will see how it all goes. Thank you.
  • pars1981
    pars1981 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi just wondering if there was room for another?
    I have been on a plateau for well over two years now, and it really bugs my happiness!! Although i dodge around the top end of a healthy BMI, I really want to lose that last 14-16lbs just to smooth myself out a bit!
  • Jewels1296
    Jewels1296 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. I kept telling myself all year I would get back on track but didn't. I am getting married in October and need all the motivation I can get. :-)
  • goalie35
    Options
    Yes, there is still room.
  • echeindl
    echeindl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm in!