1st target weight achieved - 109lbs in 7 months

Options
Hi all,

Today I reached my 1st target weight of 15 stone, since May 2011 I have lost 109lbs which has been a life changing experience.

I joined MFP a few months back and my MFP friends and the community in general have been an amazing source of knowledge and inspiration and has certainly been a major factor in me getting to where I am now.

After years of not really taking care of myself physically I decided I wanted to change my life around and make some major changes. The first was to get fit and ditch the weight I had carried around with me for years and secondly I wanted to look at the possibility of joining the armed forces.

i decided also to give myself some additional motivation so I decided to do something for charity and thought the most crazy thing I could do would be a parachute jump and that I would do it for Help for Heroes, as me and heights have never been the greatest of friends !

7 months down the line and after radically changing my diet, working with a trainer twice a week at puregym, parkrun on a saturday and doing extra exercise when I can (running when I can or doing more gym classes) and I have hit my target weight of 15 stone to do the parachute jump !

A few pictures to show how things have changed.

capturefqc.png

October 2010 - around 22-23 stone on my wedding day
6063567724_e616a96c6a_z.jpg

This picture was taken a few weeks back at the beginning of december
dec2011.jpg

I know its not the oscars but I'd like to thank my wife (I have actually thanked her!) and all my friends (MFP Friends especially) who have helped me change my life and just to say if you are motivated and dedicated anything is possible.

Ed aka SyGuy

Replies

• Miggy52
    Miggy52 Posts: 164
    Options
    Congratulations...you have done an awesome job.....very inspiring....wtg.....
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    w...o..w...! your so inspiring! well done on such an amazing loss!
  • jvan1957
    jvan1957 Posts: 114
    Options
    You've Done Great!
  • Transforming_Sarah
    Options
    You look amazing!!! That's so great that you are having such positive experiences as a result of healthier living, WTG!!!!
  • MissSharkattack
    MissSharkattack Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Oulala, you're looking amazing. Great job.
  • SwindonJogger
    SwindonJogger Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    look much better, way to go.
  • courtgosvener
    courtgosvener Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    you look great! What are "stones" lol...is that a term used in another country? Never heard it. I live in USA though.
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    wonderful, you look great! Thank you for sharing, I'm sure you are an inspiration to many :)
  • laurenrenee1025
    Options
    WOW, fantastic job!
  • jgsinfw
    jgsinfw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Excellent change, man :)
  • lollye51
    lollye51 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Excellent, well done, now go get your dream!
  • alangholz
    Options
    Look great!!! Good Luck.
  • zipnguyen
    zipnguyen Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    AMAZING, truly AMAZING. MUST FEEL REAL DARN GOOD.

as in like this :bigsmile:

feelsgoodman.jpg
  • geohow11
    geohow11 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    GREAT WORK!!!!!!!!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! Congrats on all your accomplishments thus far :bigsmile:
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job!!!! Keep up the awesome work!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    You look great! Very encouraging for me because I have the same amount to lose, or did last month when I started here, and I'd love to lose it as fast as you did!
  • ptcgirlie
    Options
    Excellent work! Way to go!!!
  • mrs07312012
    mrs07312012 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, thanks for sharing!! This is exciting motivation, You look Fantastic!!!
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    you look great! What are "stones" lol...is that a term used in another country? Never heard it. I live in USA though.

a stone is 14lbs, used in england.

OP, you have done a fantastic job, thats an amazing amout to lose since may, keep it up :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!