Body Fat Percentage! what is normal??

Options
Hey everyone I like 2 know what is a Normal body fat percentage on Ladies??? Does it depend on their height and weight? I'm 5'4 and weigh 132.4 and have 24.5 body fat!!! To me I think that a little high.....what should I be at??? If anyone knows please I like 2 where I should be at!!! Thanks!!!!

Replies

• mychirona
    mychirona Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    http://www.healthchecksystems.com/bodyfat.htm

This website really helps explain the finer points of how it works out body composition/height/weight-wise, but long story short, you're between "fitness" and "acceptable" for a woman! Keep it up :)
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    I'm 5'8 (42yrs old) - I weigh 141-142 lbs.

I just had a caliper test done and it was 19.1% - it's not the most accurate so I'm doing the BodPod next week to get another reading. I love how my body looks right now - I am lean and have defined muscles.
  • slimmingdownsteph
    slimmingdownsteph Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    i always use this link:
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/

and then i click the body fat chart link when i get my results.
    it tells you everything you need to know :):)
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    24.5 is a pretty great body fat percentage for a woman. Average is considered 25-31% and Fitness is considered 21-24. So you're right on the border of fitness. Bodyfat percentage in women is always higher than men.

For a man, 18-24 is average and 14-18 is fit.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for around 20% eventually. I'm about 25% right now. Fitness models like Jamie Eason can get as low as 12% for photo shoots and shows.
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! I will check out the sites!
  • starrlight23
    starrlight23 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am curious about this as well
  • regmcc
    regmcc Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Bump