Huge NSV

Options
I say huge b/c for me this is. My Mom asked me to make some Peanut Butter Cookies and some Pigs in a Blanket for her to take to a family party tonight b/c she works 3rd and wouldn't have time to make them. Well, before I started on my weight loss journey I would have ate cookie dough as I made the cookies, but I didn't, I would have ate 7 or 8 cookies but I didn't touch not one of them. I would have ate at least 4 or 5 Pigs in a Blanket but again I didn't touch not one. I am so proud of myself for this accomplishment. I reminded myself of all the hard work I had done today, and that I didn't want to blow it eating all those extra calories.

Replies

• Hayesgang
    Options
    Great job!! That's a huge accomplishment. :flowerforyou:
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Great self control..Keep it up:-)
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    Thanks!
  • tpowell1207
    tpowell1207 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That is a huge NSV! Congrats!
  • javajunkee
    Options
    That is a huge NSV!!!!! I have done those same things you mentioned. This is huge, you need to celebrate this NSV with mani/pedi or a new piece of clothing!
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    excellent display of self control, you ROCK!!!
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    That is a huge NSV! Congrats!

Thank you! :happy:
  • healermoon
    healermoon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Great job, I know since I started this journey it is much easier to say no to those snacks/treats that aren't as healthy but taste so YUMMY! Tonight will be a challenge or me as I am going to my son's Christmas Orchestra Concert and there is a big pot luck afterwards. Small portions, small portions....that is what I keep telling myself! We can make through the holidays, your story is a great inspiration...you can make the food and not snack the food! :)
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    that is great self control well done. you are doing great.
  • mychirona
    mychirona Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Getting stronger in so many ways! Congratulations!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    awesome job..its like me today..my kids usually get the free cookies @ the bakery @ walmart, and this week they have been putting out the frosted sugar cookies..i wanted one SOOO bad, and when i found them in the packages, i read the nutrition, and it was more than i was willing to spend on 1 cookie:happy: WE ROCK !! yay for willpower:drinker:
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    That is a HUGE step forward, and realising we can't do things like that any more will make maintaining our weight SO much easier. Well done, you deserve a big pat on the back! :bigsmile:
  • fayglet
    fayglet Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Self control? One of the biggest NSV!!! Congrats!
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    that is a fab NSV - as you say, easy to fall into previous habits - but you didn't - yeay ! :)
  • flnative
    flnative Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as being thin! WTG!
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    great WILLpower
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    Thanks eveyone!! I really do appreciate all your kind words.
  • dpedi
    dpedi Posts: 37
    Options
    That is amazing!! I would have thought it would be impossible! haha! Way to go!
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    That is amazing!! I would have thought it would be impossible! haha! Way to go!

thank you, I just thught about how hard I have worked and how far I have come and said i will not eat any of that stuff and I didn't.. Didn't even want it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!