what is your workout routine

Options
I workout chest, triceps, and shoulders on mon. wed. and friday.
then i workout back, biceps, and legs tues. thurs. and sat.
sunday is rest day.
Ive had great results this way, but was curious if i could get even better results making legs its own day, and working each group twice a week.. instead of 3 times a week..
what are your thoughts??

Replies

• xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Cardio is my faveourite kind of workout, i love dancing around to songs or doing zumba. Soo i try and fit in some dancing games and zumba on the wii everyday if i have time as i always seem to be busy =/ i also enjoy going for a little jog around my town in the evening, i use to jog everynight in the summer, but since its really really cold here now soo i cant go out. I also love lift weights, i have dumbell weights in my bedroom soo at night time whilst im watching tv in my room ill do squats with the weights - and thats defo working on the legs!! :)
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    4x per week:
    -Monday: Lower body (squats, RDL are the main lifts + various assistance lifts)
    -Tuesday: Upper (bench press, bent over row + assistance)
    -Thursday: Lower (deadlift, front squat + assistance)
    -Friday: Upper (weighted chin ups, overhead press + assistance)
  • SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    6x's per week
    Chest, Shoulders Triceps day 1&4
    Back and Biceps day 2&5
    Legs and Abs day 3&6
  • Dustinryan24
    Dustinryan24 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    6x's per week
    Back and Biceps day 2&5
    Legs and Abs day 3&6
    thats the exact routine im thinking of switching to!
  • SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    6x's per week
    Back and Biceps day 2&5
    Legs and Abs day 3&6
    thats the exact routine im thinking of switching to!

I know a lot of BBer's on this one, so you (we) are in good company. :smile:
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Following this plan (loosely) -> http://www.bodybuilding.com/guides/female-20to39-fat-loss/intro
    I do Upper Body Monday
    Cardio Tuesday (ABT Gym class)
    Lower body Wednesday
    Cardio Thursday
    Total Body Friday
    Boot Camp Saturday
    Rest if I feel like it Sunday. :D
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 1 of P90X 2 :)
  • cmoe25027
    cmoe25027 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just started the new rules of lifting program by Lou Schuler and alwyn Cosgrove. I am using their book that has a year long program with several 4-6 week phases: break-in: 1 section, fat loss 3 sections, hypertrophy 3 sections, and strength 3 sections. It's worth a read if you are interested in changeing things up, I've done a lot of research and heard a lot of good things about this program.

Cheers,
    Collin
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    P90X every day. I'm on week 7. Great programme.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I just started here but I do cardio 5-6 days a week and lift every other day.
  • rkr22401
    rkr22401 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I do mostly cardio these days, but when I lifted I did chest/shoulders/back/abs one day and arms/legs/abs the next. I like this split because the arms are used heavily when training chest/shoulders/back but not when training legs. This way arm fatigue didn't limit the torso training and had no impact on leg training.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    In general I do 90 minuted of cardio with 30 minutes of resistance 6 days a week.

I rest resistance Tuesday and cardio every 10 days or so.
    My resistance is lower weights but high reps, then heavy every 3rd workout.

And I split my body into 3 muscle groups:
    1. Legs
    2. Chest- triceps - shoulders
    3. Arms - back

I do a lot of weird things for cardio like military march, boxing type training, dancing, floor rolls, squat thrust intervals and the good ole jumping jack. And I jog, swim, play tennis, fast walk and bike.

Lost 64lbs and nearly 20% body fat - it works for me.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts 5x5 and running 5k 2-3 times a week. Once a week I'll make the running a HIIT session with 1 minute running as hard as I can and 2 minutes of walking.
  • Weathers58
    Weathers58 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    running then I like to mix it up with some running and on my rest days I like to go out and run.

I* think I'm becoming a bit repetitive.
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I walk or run everyday. I combine this with a step challenge and some daqily challenges. Also Yoga a few times a week.
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I used to do cardio classes 2-3 times a week and do a biggest loser work out 3-4 times a week when I'm not at the gym. Recently I've been walking 4-5 days a week to get ready for a 5k in the spring.
  • DestinationFitnessChick
    Options
    Monday/Tuesday/Thursday: Teach Zumba
    Wed: Strength
    Saturday: Teach Zumba Toning
    Friday: Run or Strength Train
    Sunday: Sometimes a rest day: sometimes a run or strength day

I alternate mornings and try to fit in strength training at least 3 times a week. It is a little harder to plan out my workouts except for the Zumba becuase I work full time and teach fitness classes 4 to 5 times a week. I usually end up doing 2 workouts several days of the week just to get it all in. I added in strength training becuase I saw a big decrease in muscle mass after stopping a strength+kickboxing class. So all I was getting in was cardio..........not a good thing for me.
  • glassgallm
    glassgallm Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I alternate running 3-4 miles with swimming a half mile (1,000 yards) every other day, 6 days a week.
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    7x a week, every other Sunday off.

Monday - Back, Bi's (60-90 mins)
    Tuesday - Cardio, abs (45 cardio, 15 abs)
    Wednesday - Legs, any lagging muscle (60-90 mins)
    Thursday - Cardio, abs (45 cardio, 15 abs)
    Friday - Chest, Tris (60-90 mins)
    Saturday - Shoulders, any lagging muscle (45-60 mins)
    Sunday Cardio, abs (45 cardio, 15 abs)
  • vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Run/walk on the treadmill for 20 -30 minutes about 5 days a week. Also have a few phone apps like skimble and daily workout that I do I 10 -20 min routing from about 5x per week. I found that if I break it into small amounts I dont feel overwhelmed about finding he time. Plus my trainer said that we burn more calories for a while post workout so multiple workouts a day get you more afterburn. I need that because I'm only 5'1" so every calorie burned helps.