so scared to try it on... WHY?

Options
i went to kohls today cuz i need to exchange some clothes for my son.. then, i saw a nice jean pants but I don't know what size i was going to try on first.... Last pants I bought were size 12 and that's before i started my journey of losing weight.

I felt like I was so scared and get disappointed that i'm not where i wanted to be but i'm only a pound away my goal.

*have you felt this way before?*

Replies

• lovekck
    lovekck Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I guess because we attribute our success to looking good and looking good is about feeling good. Maybe your scared because you really want a size 8 to fit but if it doesn't you'll be disappointed? Weight loss and becoming healthy is not all or nothing, you should be so proud of yourself.

Think of it this way, even IF they don't fit you have already accomplished so much. If it makes you feel bad then maybe you'll have something else to work toward. I'm thinking you will be pleasantly surprised though... go for it!!

This is not going to make or break you!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Never, NEVER let the tag on pair of pants be tied to your self esteem.

How many times do you try on a pair of shoes in multiple sizes before finding the one that fits? It's no different from clothes. The tag size is meaningless. Sometimes I've tried on the same size, same brand, same exact STYLE of jeans and one fit while the other didn't. I would blame cheap overseas labor :tongue: but I knew a girl who worked for a dress factory who said a lot of times when they were attaching the labels, if they couldn't find the right size, then slapped that label on any old thing.

Go by whether something fits and flatters, not by some arbitrary number. I have jeans from size 2 to 11that I wear regularly. My weight fluctuates, but not THAT much!!!
  • jovz10
    jovz10 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    thanks! i'll try to go back and try those pants on...