Selecting your "Activity Level"...

Options
Hi All,

When selecting your activity level on MFP, do you base your selection on your activity level on how active you are apart from the times when you are specifically exercising to burn of calories (like going to the gym etc) or do you factor in the amounts of times you exercise per week to select whether you are sedentary, lightly active, active or very active?

How I've always done it is, think of how active I am generally apart from when I am actually exercising to burn off calories (so for me that's sedentary). The reason I selected my activity level like this is because I always enter my exercise calories that I have burned in to my diary to counter the activity level and thought this was the right way of doing things.

Should I actually be doing both? So in other words choosing a higher activity level (which would then raise my calorie goal) seeing as I workout around 5 days a week, but still enter my exercise calories each day?

I would be grateful if someone could provide some clarity on this issue?

Thank You

Replies

• Asher213
    Options
    Bump
  • neutralize
    neutralize Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Nope, you're doing it right, the activity level is based on how active you are apart from the times when you are going to the gym, running, etc. So for me I work out a lot, but I spend 9-10 hours a day at a desk job, so sedentary it is. Then I enter the exercise separately. If you were both doing you'd be accounting for your exercise calories twice.
  • Asher213
    Options
    Nope, you're doing it right, the activity level is based on how active you are apart from the times when you are going to the gym, running, etc. So for me I work out a lot, but I spend 9-10 hours a day at a desk job, so sedentary it is. Then I enter the exercise separately. If you were both doing you'd be accounting for your exercise calories twice.

Yeah it does seem to make sense doing it that way otherwise like you said I might have accounted for my exercise calories twice. Cheers.

Anyone else got anything to add to this?