is it possible to gain 5 lbs in a week

Options
2»

Replies

• justanotherbrickinthewall
    Options
    You can gain fat, or you could of gained water. Personally, the most I gained in one week was 6 pounds, so to me it seems possible.
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    Lots of things are possible. But I know I can vary lots between days. I don't usually worry about it unless it stays around. If it stays around then I know I have a problem.
  • samuel249
    Options
    Don't worry about it. It's probably water weight, Try reduce your salt intake because to much salt in your body retain the water from passing out... That might cause you feeling bloated for couples of days
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    If you were to consume my mother's cooking.. you WOULD GAIN a minimum 5lbs.

If you were to consume my mother-IN LAW'S cooking...you would LOSE weight, remain in the bathroom as you bow to the porceline goddess, and be further subjected to laying on the couch incapable of any sort of muscular movement after 'paying respects'...
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    so I've eaten horribly sunday, monday, and tuesday. Today is the first day I was slightly under or at my calorie goal for the day. I've still done my 30ds everyday, (with a rest day on monday). I did a midweek weight check just to see how bad it was and according to the scale I've gained almost 5 lbs since my last weigh in, which was 4 days ago. Any insight would really be appreciated!

I've had that happen to me, but if you get back on track, you'll find that it will fall back down again fairly quickly.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Just so you know it is possible to gain 5 pounds in one day. The thing is, it will pretty much all be water weight. I know, since I did it yesterday to today.
  • ishmael937
    ishmael937 Posts: 1
    Options
    Yes it is
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    It is possible to gain 5 pounds in a few hours.

Step 1, eat some salt.

Step 2, drink some water.

Congratulations on being 5 pounds heavier.

So yes it would be easy to put on 5 pounds in one week.

Or are you asking if it is possible to put on 5 pounds of FAT in a week, that is a different question.