Daily Calories

Options
I was just curious what everyone is eating for calories per day on Fitness Pal? I'm doing 1200. (est 1.9 pound loss per week)

Replies

• Tofuheart
    Tofuheart Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I was just curious what everyone is eating for calories per day on Fitness Pal? I'm doing 1200. (est 1.9 pound loss per week)
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    im trying 1200... but if i stay around 1200 i feel like im starving...
  • ummmkristin
    ummmkristin Posts: 21
    Options
    1,620. Seems like alot, but then again I have well over 100 lbs to lose JUST to get down to 150. bleh!
  • snorker88
    snorker88 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm also on 1200, and I try not to eat the extra calories I get from exercise too! Its hard work!
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Im on 1,380.. and i allow myself to eat some exercise cals... i struggle with Sugar intake as i always go over with fruit.. so now im limiting myself to 2 bits of fruit instead of the 4 i used to have and stock up on tonnes of veg!! Yum Yum!! :tongue:
  • HopTuNaa
    HopTuNaa Posts: 31
    Options
    I'm on 1,200. I too, try my best not to eat any of the exercise calories, but if I do, I do... that's what they're there for - back up. :wink:
    As long as I don't go over, I'm happy.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1200 or 1500, I actually don't really stress over it as long as I don't go under or over. Seems to be working for me :):flowerforyou:
  • Tofuheart
    Options
    I'm on 1,200. I too, try my best not to eat any of the exercise calories, but if I do, I do... that's what they're there for - back up. :wink:
    As long as I don't go over, I'm happy.

Do you mean you just eat your 1200 and and don't count the exercise ones unless you want a little treat? If so, that's what I startied doing but I was sooo ravenous from my workouts that I needed to eat them. Hehe. Now I try to burn around 800 calories or under at the gym. It's a fine balance. ;)
  • Tofuheart
    Options
    I eat between 1200 or 1500, I actually don't really stress over it as long as I don't go under or over. Seems to be working for me :):flowerforyou:

You are doing fantastic! I think the first week is the most hard for me. I feel it's impossible but then I see you and other people that have lost 20+ pounds. It's inspiring and proving me wrong. :)
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    My net is set at 1250 but I rarely eat less than 1600 due to exercise. I average about 1800 most days. And yes, it's working. :bigsmile:
  • harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    im set at 1200 however I have been eating around 800-900 only because I dont have time to eat and yes I am always starving!! I do drink about 12 glasses of water a day also.
  • Tofuheart
    Options
    im set at 1200 however I have been eating around 800-900 only because I dont have time to eat and yes I am always starving!! I do drink about 12 glasses of water a day also.

That isn't very much to eat! What kind of food do you eat daily? :smile:
  • samantha85
    samantha85 Posts: 10
    Options
    I usually try to stay within the 1200-1300 a day, but I am often under because I eat quite a few veg. I always find that the days I am in the higher range are the days I eat eggs... maybe that is saying something...
  • Tofuheart
    Options
    I usually try to stay within the 1200-1300 a day, but I am often under because I eat quite a few veg. I always find that the days I am in the higher range are the days I eat eggs... maybe that is saying something...

Ah interesting. Egg whites or whole eggs?
  • samantha85
    Options
    Whole eggs.. I usually eat 2. With a piece of multi-grain bread. That in total is around 300 cals. When I don't eat eggs, my breakfast is usually only about 150 cals, which is a yogurt and peice of fruit. Usually what I have for breakfast determines my cals for the rest of the day
  • Tofuheart
    Options
    Yes, same with me! It's seems to balance out what i eat for the rest of the day too.
  • harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Well lets see for breakfast I eat fat free cottage cheese and a cup of strawberries and it really really feels me up, for lunch I eat a lean pocket and a fat free pudding and for dinner it varies. I work anight job so I dont eat dinner until around 11-12. In between all my meals I drink tons and tons of water. I always feel hungry while im at work however I dont have time to eat. I know its not healty but I dont really have a choice. This is however my 3rd day so I do have some days off heading my way so Im sure ill be between 1200-1500.
  • samantha85
    Options
    Eating fat-free cottage cheese for breakfast in the morning is a really good idea, since it is much lower in calories than eggs, and it is a protein. Thanks for the great tip! I always considered it a dinner food for some reason :)
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Mine is set at 1200 and I always eat my exercise calories so that I don't go into starvation mode. I try to stay at or a little above 1200 on days that I don't exercise ....which gives me an incentive to exercise since I want more food :laugh: When I do exercise, I average about 1600-1800 calories a day, depending on what exercises I do.
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I eat 1,700 a day. I burn 800-900 calories a day from exercise. I don't eat any of my exercise calories. I have a lot to lose and this works for me. I lose on average 3 pounds a week. Cindy :heart: