Where does the weight go and why?

Options
I'm interested in whether people in general lose weight in the same way as me and if not, how it happens for them.

For me, it seems that any shrinkage starts at the outside extremities and works its way back to the torso. So, for me, where I have lost the most "volume" so far is in my arms, legs, face and somewhat in my chest. My hips and waist have gotten a bit smaller, but not significantly so (at least not as much as the rest of me). This might explain why I can still, for the most part, wear all my pants from 30lbs ago without them falling down, because my waist and hips still hold them up, even though they flap around my legs. I find this quite frustrating, but there isn't really much I can do about it.

How about you out there - do you lose it in the same way? Or does it work differently for you?

Replies

• Teresa527
    Teresa527 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I start losing in my upper body first. I dropped 2 shirt sizes and was still in the same jeans. I think you tend to lose more where you carry your weight. I carry mine in my upper body. It took me over 20 pounds to drop a jeans size.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    My boobs are always the first to go when I lose weight [sadly!]. If I gain, they're the first part of me that gains.
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I lose in my waist and thighs. And hips. One thing that I appreciate about my body is that I have not lost ANY inches off of my bust xD
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    I lost in my face and bust first. I am now losing in my waist and hips, but I am doing a lot of strength training now and that has really changed it up.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I lose it in my face and non-existent butt, but then I gain it in my awesome..
  • justanotherbrickinthewall
    Options
    I can definitely tell that I lost fat in my stomach region; it's getting quite flat. I've also been losing weight in my hips and thighs since I've always had a small upper body.
    As weird as it sounds, I can tell my fingers and toes are a lot skinnier.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    My waist, first, Lower belly last, bust still same.:happy:
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Sorry double posted somehow
  • Primalgal
    Primalgal Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    My rings are twirling around and my bracelet watch is spinning too! Weird!
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    I lose it in my fingers, legs, face. The last thing to go is my belly. While it is down from where I started I have rings that are way to loose and people look at me and say did you get a hair cut, because the fat face is way down.
  • weightofyourskin
    Options
    When I started losing weight, I lost pretty proportionally all over my body. I suppose that's the best way to lose - it avoids the unfortunate pants situation you described. At the same time it was frustrating because I couldn't see the change when I looked into the mirror, since there was no visible difference in my body like a smaller stomach or hips. I lose inches around my stomach and hips at about the same rate.
  • Mary2200
    Options
    I lost it in my midriff first...why can't we just pick the location we want to lose in first? It would be much more fun!
  • laylina
    Options
    My boobs are always the first to go when I lose weight [sadly!]. If I gain, they're the first part of me that gains.

lol yep every time!!
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Lost 41 pounds, went down 6 pants sizes, can't wear one of my rings anymore(have it on a chain around my neck) and, speaking of neck, I now have one.
  • candicemaechling
    candicemaechling Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Mine was face, boobs, hands (down 4 ring sizes with first 75 pds wierd) I've went down from a tight 28 to a comfy 16 so I'm losing in the belly but much more on top half 3x shirts tight to mostly larges and that's just cause I'm broad from sholder to sholder
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    boobs first, face, waist, arms, lower legs, feet, hips, ... I still have yet to lose my thunder thighs and stomach though!
  • kelley_lynn
    kelley_lynn Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    last place.. seems to be the belly/hips. This time, its seems to be that small tire, just over my butt crack, thats moved first this time.
    When i was younger though. It was my bust, back then, that wasnt a bad thing, now, I dont have as much to lose alot from there.
  • nalliebell
    nalliebell Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    The lower portion is most of the time last to go as it has the biggest muscles
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    The roll of lard around my middle was the last to start shrinking and remains my biggest challenge.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    The roll of lard around my middle was the last to start shrinking and remains my biggest challenge.

this