Holiday Traditions

Options
jeninabilan
jeninabilan Posts: 369 Member
What is your favorite holiday tradition?

Replies

• justanotherbrickinthewall
    Options
    My favorite would have to be combining Christmas and Hanukkah dinner into one. Since I'm Jewish on my Mom's side and my Dad's family is Jewish and Methodist, we usually mix our normal Christmas dinner with Jewish foods like kugel and other things. :)
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Having a ham dinner in front of the television watching the 1951 version of Scrooge with Alistair Sim. Following dinner with home made Egg Nog.
  • k9hrd
    k9hrd Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Attending Christmas Eve mass and getting out of church at midnight. Often there is light snow falling and it is just magical.
  • Alishia_655
    Options
    We usually did something different when I was a child. We had a big taco feast for Christmas dinner. Now that I am married and have a family of my own, my favorite holiday tradition is, just being together as a family and enjoying the season.
  • MaryAnn678
    MaryAnn678 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My favorite Christmas tradition is going to Christmas Eve mass with my whole family, we take up a whole pew. Next tradition is of course opening gifts around the tree in our PJ's. Third tradition playing games with the family around the table.
  • jeninabilan
    Options
    Aww these are awesome :) I love this!

This year, my best friend and I are spending it together, but we don't have much money for gifts or a fancy dinner.. We decided to volunteer at a local soup kitchen instead. Maybe this will be a new tradition for us :)
  • dcmiles37
    dcmiles37 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My daugher is born on Christnmas Eve. Our family tradition since she was 3 is the family going to breakfast together on Christmas Eve at Shoney's before finishing our Christmas shopping. I am looking forward to our family going to breakfast together and she will be 24 this year. Praise God!!!
  • jeninabilan
    Options
    My daugher is born on Christnmas Eve. Our family tradition since she was 3 is the family going to breakfast together on Christmas Eve at Shoney's before finishing our Christmas shopping. I am looking forward to our family going to breakfast together and she will be 24 this year. Praise God!!!

That is so wonderful!! And I miss me some Shoney's.. hehe I haven't seen one here!