HELP..... I need a good heart monitor

Options
I am still in the 1st week of P90X and have not used a heart monitor but NEED to so I am going to get one this morning along with some new bands and free weights. I am goind to a sporting goods store so should have a great variety.

What are some good heart monitors that don't cost an arm and aleg. 60 bucks or less.

Replies

• jrs_lovely1
    jrs_lovely1 Posts: 35
    Options
    I am still in the 1st week of P90X and have not used a heart monitor but NEED to so I am going to get one this morning along with some new bands and free weights. I am goind to a sporting goods store so should have a great variety.

What are some good heart monitors that don't cost an arm and aleg. 60 bucks or less.
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar F4 that I got off the web for just under $80...but I think it's more in the stores. People mention Mio all the time. That might be one to look into and Reebok. Yesterday woot.com had a Pro-Fitness for $20...but it ended last night:frown: Maybe more people will have some more options for you as well.:smile:
  • katemadrigal
    Options
    I have a Polar F6 and I LOVE it. It was a gift, but I believe retail it goes for around $109. I would have bought it myself though because I never work out without it.

I also find it keeps me honest because the calorie burn MFP calculates for physical activity is always off from what I really burn. This has helped me with my nutrition and diet.
  • jrs_lovely1
    Options
    I think I am leaning towards the Polar F4 blue heart rate
  • jrs_lovely1
    Options
    I have the Polar F4 that I got off the web for just under $80...but I think it's more in the stores. People mention Mio all the time. That might be one to look into and Reebok. Yesterday woot.com had a Pro-Fitness for $20...but it ended last night:frown: Maybe more people will have some more options for you as well.:smile:

That is the one I just posted about. I think I am going to get that one.
  • jrs_lovely1
    Options
    I have a Polar F6 and I LOVE it. It was a gift, but I believe retail it goes for around $109. I would have bought it myself though because I never work out without it.

I also find it keeps me honest because the calorie burn MFP calculates for physical activity is always off from what I really burn. This has helped me with my nutrition and diet.

I was looking at that one too and dediced that some things are worth the investment especially since fitness is a life change and not just something temporary. I think I may have to make my choice between the F4 and the F6 which are about a 25 dollar difference so overall that is not that bad.
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I went with the F4 because 1. I couldn't afford more and 2. It was all I need for now. I have a exact number of burned calories now when I work out. The other Polar models have more programs (I think), but for walking....this is enough! Good luck!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I love my blue F4!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Get the REEBOK XT! You can get it on ebay for super cheap. It's half the price of polars and it works just as well. Plus you can change the batteries yourself, you don't have to send it off!