HELP!!! Not losing any weight :(

Options
I have been sticking to my calories and exercising and leaving a deficit each day and not losing weight. I exercise 5-6 times a week doing cardio-strength and walking. I am also breastfeeding so I add an extra 500 calories to the 1200 calories I have set on MFP. I can't work out why I am not losing any weight???

I am 5"2' and currently weight 71kgs and my goal is 58-60kgs. I calculated my bmi and it is set correctly.

Please HELP!!!

Replies

• skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    up your cals for a week. than drop them again. :3
  • Hope0485
    Options
    I am having the same problem. I started zig zagging my calories....one day up more then down the next. It seems to be working....down a pound finally after 3 weeks but it's very frustrating!
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    you may not be eating enough due to the breast feeding? I lost more weight when I increased my cals from 1200 to 1400. Dont think my body could cope on 1200!!!
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I dont have a clue as to what you are eating or how long you have been at it...many factors are in play when someone is not losing and still following thier program.

I know when I hit my first stall (5weeks) i went over everything with a fine tooth comb to make sure. then i zig zags cals 1100-1200...never going over..increased protein slightly and bang ...i started losing again..... now that may have just been coincidental.... but just thw same..i stayed focused and kept at it....thing is to not fret through a stall...you will come out of it.
    I only plateau these days and it's only a matter of 3 days my weight loss haults then it starts up again...that is only due to my increase of activity.... weightloss is just due to cals in and cals burned...more you burn the more comes off.... basic math. Yes the body at times does regroup...u have stalls and plateaus guarenteed in your journey... just keep at it....and it will happen ;)
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Perhaps if you would let people see your food-diary, we can get a better picture. Im willing to bet what you are logging is part of the problem...
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    It will definitely help us help you to a) know how long you've been actively trying to lose, sometimes it takes a few weeks to kick in, and b) to see your food diary.
  • PerfectPout
    PerfectPout Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comments......The scales have not moved for 4 weeks and I have logged my food diary for 40 days now.......I understand the calories in and calories out (basic method)......

I think I will up my calories to 1400 and see what happens starting tomorrow (Monday)....

Will keep you all posted!

Thanks again :)
  • ottawagirl613
    ottawagirl613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    This may sound counterproductive, but I think it might be because you're not eating enough calories. You're not really supposed to be dieting (too much) when you're breast feeding (it can actually slow/stop milk production). So maybe if you upped your calories by a couple hundred at a time for a period of 2-3 weeks each time and logged very accurately (you mentioned you hadn't been) you will find the right calorie to weight loss balance. The "no weight loss" may just be due to your body not getting enough calories, forcing it to hold on tight to whatever it is getting. Good luck!
  • PerfectPout
    Options
    This may sound counterproductive, but I think it might be because you're not eating enough calories. You're not really supposed to be dieting (too much) when you're breast feeding (it can actually slow/stop milk production). So maybe if you upped your calories by a couple hundred at a time for a period of 2-3 weeks each time and logged very accurately (you mentioned you hadn't been) you will find the right calorie to weight loss balance. The "no weight loss" may just be due to your body not getting enough calories, forcing it to hold on tight to whatever it is getting. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice :-)
  • PerfectPout
    Options
    I am not dieting as such - just wanting to lose the baby weight and get to a healthy weight again - the safe way of course!

I will up my calories and see how I go....
  • lovekck
    lovekck Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    How long have you been BF'ing?

Honestly, I lost weight very S L O W L Y until baby weaned about 2 months ago. Now its coming off like crazy. Breastfeeding is the best thing in the world you can do for your child so I encourage you to keep going and give your baby that benefit. You will loose the weight eventually and even if it does come off slow for now its still coming off.

Why not keep your calories around 1700-1800 and start jogging/running? That would probably make you start feeling better and tone you up.

Awesome job on what you have done so far, don't be so hard on yourself!!
  • PerfectPout
    Options
    How long have you been BF'ing?

Honestly, I lost weight very S L O W L Y until baby weaned about 2 months ago. Now its coming off like crazy. Breastfeeding is the best thing in the world you can do for your child so I encourage you to keep going and give your baby that benefit. You will loose the weight eventually and even if it does come off slow for now its still coming off.

Why not keep your calories around 1700-1800 and start jogging/running? That would probably make you start feeling better and tone you up.

Awesome job on what you have done so far, don't be so hard on yourself!!

Thanks for the encouragement xoxo