Tiny NSV and a burn

Options
This is really tiny... Teeny tiny! But I was talking with a few friends tonight and moving my hands a lot. Then I noticed that my rings were sliding around and the stones kept ending up in my palms, usually my rings don't feel like that. It was the first time I noticed any changes in my body. It felt great! Even though it's super insignificant!

Now for the burn.... Since I was excited I told the two women that I was talking to about my rings and that I had recently lost a few pounds and one of them said well its old outside too soooooo...... Maybe she is right maybe it does have to do with the weather. But who cares!! I was feeling good, why burst my bubble?!

Oh well still feel a difference in my rings!! So that's my tiny NSV and my irritating burn.

Replies

• dodger7977
    dodger7977 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I first noticed my loss in my fingers! I've already lost at least 2 ring sizes and am wearing sizing bars till I feel like getting them sized.

The cold can change your ring size, and so can eatting a ton of sodium but you can also lose weight there too.

You should be proud of your accomplishment and don't let them get you down! She may have "found" the lbs you "lost". :)6147579.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • anniiiilicious
    Options
    You said your rings never do that... Was it your first time in the cold? Lol some coincidence. :) congrats!!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    She must be either a very negative person or she's jealous. It's not the weather - if it's cold enough to shrink your hand, it'd be cold enough to shrink your ring, right?

I think loose rings are a great NSV. Watch them, though - don't want them to slip off by accident one day!
  • dpedi
    dpedi Posts: 37
    Options
    Thank you!! I am thrilled to be noticing changes, even if they are small!!!
  • catdoc1
    catdoc1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Yeah for you!! An NSV is an NSV. Some "friends" just need to shut their mouths, you know? Just keep racking up those smaller victories, and they'll add up.

I've lost 20# so far, but not in my hands at all. In fact, I need to get my engagement ring off because I noticed last night there's damage to a prong and I"m at risk for losing the stone.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!