Help!!

Options
I have two close friends that I am not able to go anywhere with now because of my life style change and me wanting to lose weight! My friends always do things last minute. For example, last night one of my friends invited me to come over there house for a small get-together (around 9.00 p.m.) . I just flat out said no because it was last minute and I didn't want to have to work out double next week trying lose the weight I have gained from that night. My friends are now not wanting to invite me to many things because they know I will say "no" because it is last minute and I like planning things (like what I'm going to eat for that day). This is really bothering me! :-( Is there anyone out there going through the same thing or any suggestions!

Replies

• RainbowDream83
    Options
    Tell them that you would love to hang out, but just give you a notice in advance? Just explain to them that you are changing your lifestyle for yourself. If they are true friends, they will completly understand and want to support you in it! They may think you are trying to avoid them maybe? Just explain, and keep in contact with them from time to time, and I'm sure everything will be fine. Best of luck to you hun :smile:
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Honestly, You can't stop life just because you're lifestyle is changing.. and the fact that you are trying, and blaming it on others, is wrong.

Go see your friends and have a good time.. nothing says that you have to eat what they are offering.. and if they are good friends, then they will understand.

Also, any weight that will be gained from that night, will prob. be water... and that can easily be reversed by drinking extra water the next day.
  • 40Marbles
    40Marbles Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I agree with both of the posters prior to me. Also, try to have a snack on hand that you can grab and go when your friends ask you to do something.

Having something with you will help you to stay with your diet plan but still let you go have fun.