What Keeps you going?

Options
Hello MFPs. I was just curious to what keeps you going when you are at your absolute lowest point with your weight loss journey?

Mine.
1.PRAYER- Sometimes thats really all I have left is to have a sit down withe my Father.
2.Think about if I would quit now, what would the things I'd be saying to myself 6 months or a year down the road.
3.Footprints in the Sand, The Climb, and Go the distance- Music♥
4.Tell myself If I can get through today, than surely I can get trough tmrw- Live for right now.
5.Keep telling myself It's going to be okay!

I try to apply these to everday situations and they do work sometimes. It's a journey that's what I have to keep reminding myself. A journey for some can be longer than others and different people will have different trials.

Whats keeps you going?

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    So my new life is everything i hope it will be! :D

Plus...something has really clicked in my brain. I simply CANT overeat anymore! My brain just wont let me!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Logging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • JOANIE69
    JOANIE69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    what really keeps me going is all my lovely mfp friends i couldnt do without all of them x:heart:
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    The fact that whatever I go through these days pales in comparison to the really hard times I've had before . I didn't die from it, I was made stronger because of it.

....and bacon.
  • 1953Judith
    1953Judith Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I keep a basekt full of reminders on little scraps of paper of why I want to be fit and healthy (prepared as I was returning to post cancer treatment health) as well as things I have learned as I have begun to treat my body and self with respect). When I find I am straying from who I want to be, I randomly draw out a reminder and read it. I keep pulling until I find one that resonates with my struggle of the moment..
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I keep a basekt full of reminders on little scraps of paper of why I want to be fit and healthy (prepared as I was returning to post cancer treatment health) as well as things I have learned as I have begun to treat my body and self with respect). When I find I am straying from who I want to be, I randomly draw out a reminder and read it. I keep pulling until I find one that resonates with my struggle of the moment..

I love this:heart: Good luck to you!
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    The thought of a healthier and more confident life kept me going. I couldn't keep going on with the poor habits anymore, something had to change.
  • LeeDahlen38
    LeeDahlen38 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Simply put... Next Summer when I will be on my boat and be shirtless and not be embarrassed by it. Secondly, I'm getting married in October, and want her to know she made a good choice!! =) #NoexcusesLetsgo
  • lovekck
    lovekck Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Its not fun being a fat runner...actually it kind of hurts!!

I love running and the more I run the more weight I loose :)
  • RainbowDream83
    Options
    I have to say this website and my husband. I have tried other weight loss websites, and just didn't log back on. But this one is diff to me.

It's the first page to open up when I click on my browser, and the posts on here really help alot!!!!!
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Being aware of what I'm eating even when it's not the healthiest choice.

And the fact I've donated all of my fat clothes so if I gain too much weight I won't have anything to wear:tongue:
  • Twins2007
    Twins2007 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Taking it one day at a time...On good days, bad days and everything in between ;)

E xo
  • diletta24
    diletta24 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    * My family
    > they sometimes make me feel more nervous and tatchy when around, but most of time they help me to KEEP THINGS IN RIGHT PERSPECTIVE, giving them the right size and dimension. The same I do with them of course ;)

* my education. and ...read on ...

* keep working for myself --- > I always HAVE TO be on a project, on a next plan, on a goal. That's what keeps me going, dunno if it is always a good thing honestly

* running or take a long long walk outside alone. better on a sunny day.
    * my own independence.
    *god
    > more than praying him... Seeking him daily even in ordinary life tasks
    * good involving conversations
    > at home with friends. i said good ones. i said at home. i said involving :)
  • RainbowDream83
    Options
    Being aware of what I'm eating even when it's not the healthiest choice.

And the fact I've donated all of my fat clothes so if I gain too much weight I won't have anything to wear:tongue:

Awesome shirt! :smile:
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    reminding myself of where i was and how i DO NOT want to ever be back there again. not even from a weight standpoint, but health in general. emotionally, spiritually, physically - when things get tough in the gym, i look at that "old me" and keep pushing so i won't ever get back there.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    What keeps me going:
    - The fact that I am longing for real confidence
    - I started getting health issues last year, so I wanted to prevent that this time
    - Reminding myself how I let myself go during my past relationship (don't want that to happen again)
    - My MFP friends... Someone told me that I inspire them... I didn't realize that I was inspiring someone on here so that gave me a push to keep on going. They are really great to me.
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    The belief that one day I will look hot in a bikini
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    <
    This little guy :)
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    The fact that I never want to look or feel like I did in my day 0 picture!
  • kelley_lynn
    kelley_lynn Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    breathing keeps me going.

and thats not a smart *kitten* answer..

after that logging.