Zig-zag method ...

Options
What do you think of zig-zag method, have you tried it, is it working ?
From tomorrow i think i would start zig-zaging my calories, as my weight keeps on going up and down :( and i just want to see if you think it may work, and do you have any other ideas

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • UNDHockeyFan
    Options
    Hello!
    I am curious to try this as well. I know that my trainer has said that we should alter the amount of calories eaten each day so our bodies don't get used to the same level of calories i.e.1500 to 1300 to 1200 to 1700.....during the week.

My sister's trainer also told me about "cycling" your carb intake. So you go from 150 to 100 to 50 to limited carbs each day during the week. I'm wondering if others have had success with this?
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    If you're interested, there is a site that will take your stats like MFP and calculate your calorie goal like MFP, but then you can click for a 'zigzag option' and it will give you a schedule to follow Monday-Sunday. www.freedieting.com You also have the option to add in your exercise level and it will go ahead and add those extra calories to your schedule instead of you having to log exercise calories every day.
  • Heidi64
    Heidi64 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I don't follow any plan formally, but zig-zagging made sense to me so I sort of do that. I pretty much have a deficit for a few days, then go over, then back under. No plan, just everyday life. I also eat the majority of my exercise calories. That's my little joke..."How do you stay motivated to exercise?" " I exercise so I can eat more!" I'm happy with my weight loss so far. Hasn't been as speedy as some, but I think I'll be able to maintain my weight loss easier b/c I haven't made any radical changes in how I eat.
  • karenmaine
    karenmaine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think that we were created to zig-zag. The whole feast-famine thing?? Unfortunately, I have been zagging most of my life. Ziggin' now though!
  • casirdms
    casirdms Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Ive considered trying this
  • dawnmcgee
    Options
    That's what got me out of the Plataea I was stuck in for 3 weeks and just lost 5 pounds by doing it,I think it works because your body gets confused it doesn't get used to the same thing everyday.Just my opinion.
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I don't follow any plan formally, but zig-zagging made sense to me so I sort of do that. I pretty much have a deficit for a few days, then go over, then back under. No plan, just everyday life. I also eat the majority of my exercise calories. That's my little joke..."How do you stay motivated to exercise?" " I exercise so I can eat more!" I'm happy with my weight loss so far. Hasn't been as speedy as some, but I think I'll be able to maintain my weight loss easier b/c I haven't made any radical changes in how I eat.

This^^^^^

Your body doesn't reset itself every 24 hours so your daily calories don't matter all that much. What matters is that you're doing enough of a deficit overall to lose the weight. I go by my weekly calories but have no set pattern to what I eat. Some days I eat less as I'm less hungry and my food choices have been lower calorie yet filling. Some days I go way over as I enjoy a splurge. It all balances out.
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    bump