Will you help motivate me?

Options
Since this is the motivation and support board I figured it would be the perfect place to come looking for more of both! I've been an MFP member for over a year, but was doing WW so didn't really use it much. A couple months ago I decided to quit WW and just use MFP.
I know this process is a struggle for everyone as we all have our own unique set of challenges. Mine is working as an event planner . I work long hours (15 hour days often) and almost every single work day have a gourmet catered spread tempting me. My busy season just ended so I know now is the time to get really serious. Losing this weight with undoubtedly help me in my career.
I love to run and one of the reasons I want to lose about 40 pounds is so I can run more and faster and not put stress on my body like I am now. I've also steadily gained weight over the last couple years (all while trying to lose weight) and now have 3 closets worth of clothes that it hurts to even look at.
I'm a newlywed with a husband that loves me "just the way I am" and we want to have children in the near future but I can't even think of getting pregnant at this weight.
I'm 5'8'' and 200 pounds (cannot believe that's true as I've been trying to lose weight for 10 years and have actually gained 30 pounds in that time,blech hurts to write that)
Anyway, the point of all of that rambling is I'd love to have some more friends on here to support and have help support me. I have a some very inspirational friends on here but am feeling like I need some extra motivation these days.
Good luck to everyone!

Replies

• YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I'm here for you! We have a lot in common. I'm a runner and I'm tall like you. I'm older, and already have kids, but I love to motivate and help others. You can do this!
  • bfletcher89
    Options
    You've come to the right place! ultimatly, you're the only person who can lose the weight but have a look at a few of the success stories and related comments to see how much support you will get, everyone here is here for the same reason and everyone knows of the battle you will go through, but you are so much stronger. Anytime you feel like you want to quit, come on here and talk to us, request me if you'd like and i'll try to help as much as possible.
    Try to find soemthign you love doing, before the running, even if this is going for walks with yor hubby (congrats! by the way!) it will give you chance to have time together, whilst also helping to burn the calories, burn the fat, increase the endorphins and ultimatly make you feel better. soon the feeling will become infectious and you'll want to do it more and more. Honestly though, persistance is the only way you'll get through it. Picture your ultimate goal, how you'd like to look and feel and go for it, nothigns standing in your way and you can do anything you put your mind to. Good luck!
  • sweetcheeks27
    sweetcheeks27 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I will help out any way that I can. :)
  • kellicruz1978
    kellicruz1978 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Just don't give up.
    As for running, maybe do the Couch 2 5K (C25K)...pick a 5k that's about 10 weeks away and get started on the program...it's very motivating to have that goal in mind.
    Take care and best of luck to you!
  • rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I am a straight shooter though I tell it like it is and it might not always be what you want to hear. You have to account for every morsel that enters your mouth. If you are busy working you need the MFP app on your phone so that you have no excuse not to log. As far as the tempting food you see on a regular basis you just need to learn to only eat the healthy things if their are any or start bringing your own food with you. A lunchbox with a cooler in it will get you through the day.
  • Ickaboo
    Options
    Hey I always need a bit of motivation to keep me from forgetting to log in everyday
    Anyone on here can feel free to add me as a friend, and we can all keep eachother motivated!
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me as a buddy.
  • Figuringoutme
    Options
    Of course we will help you!! We are all in this with the same goal to be healthier, it doesn't matter if we have 10 or 300 pounds to lose.

A great tip I can give you is to have faith in yourself. You can do this
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Welcome! 99% of your success will come from your logging. Go to Settings > Diary Settings > Diary Sharing and change it to Public. It will keep you accountable!

Also, be prepared for ups and downs. Weight loss (or anything in life for that matter) is seldom a straight line. You have to be prepared for the times you will inevitably "slip up" and not let one day or one week stop your progress. Just get back on the horse and keep going. Eventually you will get there.

Btw, I love to run!! Feel free to add me if you need motivation :)
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I just sent you an invite to add you as a friend.
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I'm always up for new friends to share support with as well!
  • Linnybear1974
    Options
    Yes i would love to motivate you, friend me :-)
  • ShaneWinston58
    Options
    As the others have written, "Feel free to add be as a friend". I will help in any way that I can!