what is the best workout for core strength?

Options
Looking for solid core workouts. Starting to see abs, I want to see more of them

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    If you want to see more of them, then get your body fat lower. You can't spot reduce any area with exercise.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    If you want to see more of them, then get your body fat lower. You can't spot reduce any area with exercise.

Agreed. Core strength and visible abs are different things. The latter is a function of low body fat percentage.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options

Agreed. Core strength and visible abs are different things. The latter is a function of low body fat percentage.

I agree also :)
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options

I agree also :)

+ 1
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Okay, since they're all giving you the standard book advice, I'll answer your question.

Pilates is a GREAT workout for the core. Otherwise I do have a few videos that I enjoy (like Chalean Xtreme Xtreme abs, etc) but as a general workout, pilates is great for strengthening the core.

Yes, the biggest different to seeing more of you abs is to do with food but to strengthen the core pilates is good.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts 5x5 http://stronglifts.com/
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Try compound moves like deadlifts, pullups, bench press and squats.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 6wk 6pk after 30DS and now have really nice obliques!
  • Mikelan
    Mikelan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Okay, since they're all giving you the standard book advice, I'll answer your question.

Pilates is a GREAT workout for the core. Otherwise I do have a few videos that I enjoy (like Chalean Xtreme Xtreme abs, etc) but as a general workout, pilates is great for strengthening the core.

Yes, the biggest different to seeing more of you abs is to do with food but to strengthen the core pilates is good.

That is the exact thing I was looking into. Thank you. I just want a strong core, and I know the look I want will come.
  • Mikelan
    Mikelan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The last four posts are great advice. Thank you. I will try it