New and introducing myself

Options
Hi My name is Nellie and I just signed up today, i'm 44 years old mother of 3 daughters that are grown. I am like many of you, tired of being tired and not getting anywhere. This cycle has to stop. and today I have decided to really get angry and stop this roller coaster ride. i'm new don't know where to start. I have been through trying before but this time i'm determine to make my goal. I have 100 pounds to go. but i'm going to have my little goals set, my first goal is to start being able to walk without having my legs feel like they are going to give up. and lose at least 5 pounds in a month.

thank you for reading and hope I will learn more each and every day.

Replies

• sweetcheeks27
    sweetcheeks27 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :) You can add me if you would like, I just came back after a LONG break. So far this is the only way I have been able to lose weight.
  • rider123
    Options
    Hey there, My name is Kathy and I joined My Fitness Pal in October 2011. I have seen some questions in regards to whether or not this site works and let me tell you that it does. I'm 54 in menopause and was finding it very difficult to loose weight and found out my cholesterol was way to high. My OBGYN told me about this site and my husband and I have been using it ever since. My cholesterol has dropped tremendously, I have so far lost 15 pounds and my husband has lost too.
  • 65jmh
    65jmh Posts: 9
    Options
    My name is Jackie, and I am 40-years old. I have had an account for a while and have tried doing this on my own and have had some success only I think I would be much more accountable if I had others to work with so I am looking for some partners. I have a lot of health issues and losing weight and eating healthy are not only important but necessary for me to enjoy life. Sometimes my illness prevents me from exercising and I have to be patient with that but I have also allowed it to be an excuse and I don't want to do that either. I have about 60 lbs to lose and it is going to take some time and diligence so if anyone would like to partner with me I would love to have someone to share the ups and downs with but mostly someone who will encourage, support, and help motivate....and I will do the same.
  • ernieandlaurar
    Options
    HI, I am new too! I joined 2 weeks ago and have lost 3 lbs. My goal is 50, but I am sticking to it!! Friend me if you'd like. I will take all motivating friends I can get!! :)
  • ernieandlaurar
    Options
    HI, I am new too! I joined 2 weeks ago and have lost 3 lbs. My goal is 50, but I am sticking to it!! Friend me if you'd like. I will take all motivating friends I can get!! :)
  • rider123
    Options
    I am opened to all the friends and support I can get and the support I can give as well. Everything is easier with a friend!!
  • Drivenbysuccess
    Drivenbysuccess Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Greetings All,

I'm Sareeta and I'm not technically new. But, I have not logged on in MONTHS! I took my measurements and noticed I gained 3" back on my waist. I knew it was time to get back on my game plan. I have about 100lbs to lose. I know it will be difficult, but I plan to do it one day at a time. I lost 37lbs and have now gained about 12 of that back. I'm looking forward to networking with people who understand my struggle. I am a great motivator and encourager. Please encourage me and I'll do the same for you. Always remember..."A Quitter Never Wins and A Winner NEVER Quits."
  • Drivenbysuccess
    Options
    Greetings All,

I'm Sareeta and I'm not technically new. But, I have not logged on in MONTHS! I took my measurements and noticed I gained 3" back on my waist. I knew it was time to get back on my game plan. I have about 100lbs to lose. I know it will be difficult, but I plan to do it one day at a time. I lost 37lbs and have now gained about 12 of that back. I'm looking forward to networking with people who understand my struggle. I am a great motivator and encourager. Please encourage me and I'll do the same for you. Always remember..."A Quitter Never Wins and A Winner NEVER Quits."
  • Drivenbysuccess
    Options
    Greetings All,

• gailashton
    Options
    Welcome to the new program. I was so skeptical when I started, but it really works. I am accountable for me and I open my diary to all my friends and I look at there's. If you don't lose weight there's a reason for it. When I was first getting used to logging my food, I would put it in before I ate it. I was amazed at how many calories I was consuming, how many portion sizes, etc. I did a biggest loser program through a small private group. My goal was to lose 25 pounds in the 10 week program. I really never thought I actualy could, but I ended up losing 26.7 lbs then went on to do the 2nd round for another 15 pounds and the rest I've done on my own continuing with this website gaining new friends every day. We are a family, we are there for each other on good days and bad and we will be there for you. So come on girl, what are you waiting for - be my friend and lets do this together for good this time!