I Did it!!!!!!!

Options
If you would like to see before (2009) and after (last night) pictures go to my profile - couldn't figure out how to post here - yes, I know I could search but I thought I'd wait til my 14 year old gets up so he could figure it out for me : b

As of today I have hit my goal weight, and I am lean and strong.

About 4 months ago I had had enough - I was fat and couldn't hide it anymore.

I switch just flipped and decided I needed to get healthy, not just skinny so I could fit into my jeans but to develop a relationship with my body. I started a food journal and logged everything I ate the best I could, then one day I found MPF and everything clicked. I have learned so much from this site (BMI, BMR etc.) and realized I MUST EAT. So, I took some of the advice from this site and threw all those "diet myths" out the window.

I have found a workout that I love - Yoga 3-4x per week (hot power and restorative). I will jog every once in a while but I'm not really a runner or a weight lifter. I appreciate people that do that and they look great but it's just not for me. I have build my muscle and leaned out with yoga. I have also changed my relationship with food - it can't comfort me, it can fuel me and that it. I am not the cleanest eater - I have added more fruits, veggies and grains to my lifestyle but I'll never give up my chips, hard crusty bread or pizza, I don't eat out of the bag or on the run, I sit and enjoy. I have cut out most fast foods.

This does work if you want to make the change bad enough, I didn't gain my weight overnight and I realized i wouldn't lose it fast - This isn't a "quick fix" for me.

When you get stuck or have a "bad" day, give yourself a break and don't give up because I am living proof that it can be done!!!

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!! Great job!
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    Thank you. :heart:

Even better I feel great!!
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Great transformation
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    11914040_3915.jpg

11914040_4049.jpg
  • shana_phoenix83
    shana_phoenix83 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    How inspiring! Congratulations!
  • mamegoma
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations!
  • Babyweightgone2012
    Options
    You are so awesome and I must say you look about 10 years younger!!!!! Thanks for the inspiration you rock
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You look sensational! Great job!
  • kelbro1
    kelbro1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • annejuju
    annejuju Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! You looks FABULOUS!
  • Finally22
    Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    YOU did do it!!!! What an inspiration!!!! Thanks for sharing.
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    You are clearly one very smart (and beautiful!) woman....I read your profile and you have it ALL together - great job!
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely great!!
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you. We all love sucess stories to keep us going.
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    It looks like your the daughter of who u were four months ago! Incredible that u could change in such short time! Very inspiring.
  • swilkie1961
    swilkie1961 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Congratulation!! You look AWESOME!!
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    It's been a wonderful day.

Having the courage to post today has made me very happy - I have made some new friends today and that is very exciting.

Please continue to post your Success story or NSV regardless of how small you think they may be because they could help someone else that is struggling and someone else's story may inspire you one day.

:flowerforyou:
  • stevemcqueengirl
    stevemcqueengirl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You look awesome and so much younger! Thank you for sharing your story and tips - you are an inspiration.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!