Hard bulge in mid-stomach?

Options
So, these past few days I've suddenly gained a few pounds and my stomach is sticking out massively just above my hipbones. It feels quite hard and is massively discouraging to gain! Anyone have any idea what's wrong? It looks like I have a football in my middle :/

Replies

• auctoritas
    Options
    That kind of sounds like something you should see a doctor about.
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    hernia?
    Gas?
  • insane4train
    insane4train Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    baby?
  • Dinah22
    Dinah22 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yes definitely - see a doctor!
  • jsuaccounting
    jsuaccounting Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    See a doctor. Make sure they know about your diet and any eating issues.
  • JakkiCarter
    Options
    it definitely sounds like early pregnancy, or something to do with your large intestine. you should definitely see a doctor.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Are you constipated?
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Please see a doctor. You are aiming for an unhealthy body weight. Please seek help.
  • MaryStregger
    MaryStregger Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Definitely see a doctor. There are a lot of possible explanations.
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    sounds like a combination of gas & constipation to me.. but if it's not, see a doctor
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,002 Member
    Options
    You are 5'8" and 114 lbs, your profile states your goal is "Perfection" and you are aiming for "Double digits, please."

You sound to me like you have an eating disorder.

That stomach might be very sick. You really need to see a doctor.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I get this a lot - bloating!! Much more noticeable now I've lost most the weight. I get it like that if I've a) had a lot to drink (alcohol) or b) over eaten. Seems that my body retains fluid for a few days, and I go toilet less often (sorry tmi). Then, after 24-48 hrs normal eating, I get rid of it!
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Your profile says you are 5'8 and it looks like you want your weight to be under 100. That is not a safe weight considering your height. Also, that bulge isn't something to mess around with I would see a doctor to discuss that and your weight loss goals.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    baby?

This was going to be my guess.

But I agree that your goal weight is WAY too low.
  • bens_momma
    Options
    You are 5'8" and 114 lbs, your profile states your goal is "Perfection" and you are aiming for "Double digits, please."

You sound to me like you have an eating disorder.

That stomach might be very sick. You really need to see a doctor.

See a doctor and have them help lay the foundation for a healthy diet. Please don't overlook this, it's very serious.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    If it's a hard bulge, it is probably not bloating, sounds like you should absolutely see your doctor. And...along with everyone else, I am extremely concerned about your goal weight. Please talk to your doctor.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    If you ever see pictures of people with malnourishment (think of Sally Fields commercials in African nations), you will notice small frames with protruding stomachs. You really need to see a doctor IMMEDIATELY. You should share everything with him/her, including your weight goals and dieting tactics.
  • sugaraddict63
    sugaraddict63 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Dont take this wrong but I think you are very sick. The weight you are at now is dangerously low. As for your goal..................has eating eating disorder written all over it. You need to get help ASAP. Please, we dont want anything to happen to you. Please let us know how things go and take care of yourself.
  • christibear
    christibear Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    This is why I think people are to quick to say "baby" because I really doubt that is what it is and you should probably go see a doctor.
  • annejuju
    annejuju Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    It is time to see a doctor. Only a doctor will be able to tell you for sure what is going on. Please bring along your food diary.