lunch ideas!!!

Options
theGuest
theGuest Posts: 117 Member
I am on the go a lot around lunch time.

Either at school, work or back and forth from the gym.

What can I eat that is not a sandwich. I love sandwiches. I would and have eaten them everyday for the past... infinity, but I'm trying to stay away from carbs after breakfast.

What do you guys recommend?

Replies

• theGuest
    Options
    I am on the go a lot around lunch time.

Either at school, work or back and forth from the gym.

What can I eat that is not a sandwich. I love sandwiches. I would and have eaten them everyday for the past... infinity, but I'm trying to stay away from carbs after breakfast.

What do you guys recommend?
  • mshunk
    mshunk Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love having Yogurt and steamed veggies for lunch. The Grean Giant healthy vision veggies take 4 minutes in the microwave and have only 90 calories for the entire pkg (2 servings)...if you are able to heat it up before you head off to your next place.
  • theGuest
    Options
    i like that idea for dinner!

but when i'm at school, im microwave-less. same with work.
  • sapphyre0702
    Options
    I have the same problem, I am usually stuck in the library during lunch. What I do is try to make sure my lunch has enough calories to keep me going and is high in protein, but it is all "grab and go" food. I usually have string cheese, yogurt, and unsweetened applesauce, or grab some baby carrots with single use peanut butter containers, I mix and match.

Sometime I get hungry 2-3 hours later but I always save an apple for my ride home an that helps so much.
  • pfisher
    pfisher Posts: 28
    Options
    When I need something quick I just grab a Slim Fast drink. I always have them on hand. They keep me full until the next meal.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I love yogurt, carrots with hummus or Melba snacks with hummus, salads, etc.

Wendy's grilled chicken sandwich with a side salad with lite dressing is a good "on the run" lunch too.
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    My daughter takes a lunch to school most days. We buy individual packs of tuna at Wal-mart, they are much cheaper there, and she pops one in her bag a couple of times a week. They cost a little more than a can, but are less than a dollar, are packed in a little water or oil, and can be opened by hand. Put it over a little side salad you get for a buck at any fast food place (or take a bowl of salad or some veggies with you) and you have a low cal meal for under $2.00. She takes a low cal granola type bar, something under 100 calories, a fresh fruit or preportioned fruit cup and a 20 oz water bottle. Her total calories for that meal are about 300 and it cost me $3.00 or less.