I need some supportive friends

Options
I can be shy and afraid to get out there, I dont have very much confidence and I need and want a change. I dont have very many friends to go to for support, so I would like to meet encouraging new poeple with a positive outlook. I am good at lifting up other poeple so I could offer you the same support in return.

Replies

• skinnymini129
    Options
    Hi Amber_Cristen! I'm also new to this and am feeling anxious (but determined) about losing weight. I can use all the support I can get as well! Feel free to add me if you like. Good luck to you on your weight loss journey!
  • jlfox165
    Options
    Amber_Christen,
    I am fairly new here myself. I've been using MFP for 5 weeks, and have made some friends that are very supportive to me in my quest to shed pounds. You may certainly call on me as a friend if you'd like. I would also say welcome, and I hope your goals are achieved!
  • mcovillion
    Options
    i'm new too and pretty shy. my husband is supportive usually, but he eats whatever he wants and wants me to buy him the junk since i do the food shopping. let's support each other. sending u a friend request.
  • charcharbec
    charcharbec Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hello all of you! I have been around here for about 2 years now, but really started getting serious about weightloss. MFP really is a great place to build a network, and I would be more than happy to support all of you. :) Please feel free to add me or anyone for that matter. :)
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi Amber! I also need a supportive friend as well! Let's battle the bulge together!
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'll add you! I'm coming up on my 2 years of consecutive days of logging in. I love this site, and between my husband and I we have lost 166 pounds (give or take). We went from eating out about 4 times/week and being the couch potato, to eating healthy, counting everything we put in our mouths, and became runners.
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I try to be as supportive as possible, and am always looking for new supportive friends. Feel free to add me if you'd like :)

And welcome to MFP. This place is amazing :)
  • LeeDahlen38
    LeeDahlen38 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome. Read my Intro post, and if you like Add me! I'm all about helping others to keep ME motivated! Here's my hash tag on twitter #NoExcusesLetsGo Adopt it, live it, and tell everyone to get out of the way!! Good Luck!! Lee =)
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've only been here 2 short months and my life is transforming. If you can build yourself a supportive network here, it really makes a huge difference. This community is filled with positive, helpful people. All of my lost weight has happened in the past 60 days. Please feel free to add me up! I love to support my friends. Here for you if you're here for me.
  • ohio4life
    ohio4life Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's amazing to me how many people ( and I"m one of them) are really shy and hold back. I'm the same way and understand. Add me if you like.
  • ohio4life
    ohio4life Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's amazing to me how many people ( and I"m one of them) are really shy and hold back. I'm the same way and understand. Add me if you like.
  • KathyWel
    KathyWel Posts: 140
    Options
    Hi, I am always looking for new friends to support and be supported by, anyone can feel free to add me!
  • darlech
    darlech Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Amber, I'm new to this too...I'm starting my second week and I'm amazed at how much I ate without even thinking about it...no wonder the weight keeps piling on! Now that I track every bite, it makes me stop and think am I hungry, or eating out of habit? I also love that calories are added by doing cardio, now when I want to eat something that’s loaded with calories…I think, that’s 45 minutes on the treadmill - do I really want that? Good Luck & Be Strong!!

I'm also looking for supportive friends... :bigsmile:
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also shy and in need of friends - please feel free to add me! :)
  • tsmoser
    tsmoser Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i too need the support from others. i have a problem with saying no to certain foods, i cant seem to stop eating my chocolates. any advice would be nice from others

thanks
  • lovulll
    lovulll Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Amber,

I am just starting to take this seriously myself. Please feel free to add me as a supportive friend! I could use one, too!

Lisa

:smile:
  • alabughosh
    alabughosh Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    If you want more friends, add some people! I usually add people that I see on the forums that have interesting/funny/insightful things to say.... then I look at their food diary/profile. I am trying to build a list of friends that are trying to work on healthy attitudes towards food and exercise. If I see someone lost a lot of weight, yet their diary has a doughnut for breakfast, fishsticks for lunch, and a rice cake for dinner (random example) I don't add them. You should open your diary, read other people's diaries, and then request to be friends with people you feel a common bond with. I've met a few really cool people on here and I'm taking it slowly...not just adding anyone who will accept a friend request. That's my take on it. Good luck girl!
  • KellsJourney
    KellsJourney Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I need supportive friends. I have a few, but I hardly ever get replies on my fitness,etc. I have found that I REALLY need that extra motivation, so please friend me! I always respond to others. :c)
  • cbbn2010
    Options
    I just joined yesterday, I really like posing the food and exercise. I have lost 167 lb on my own and in the past 5 years have gained 50lb. It was impossible to keep off for me anyway. I am going to catch it before I gain it all back, I am determined. It is all about your mind set and determination. I need all the support I can get too!!! I am going to get it off. :0