OMG... Never thought I'd EVER have the confidence to post sw

Options
Ok my driver's license says I weigh 135lbs. That was SUCH a big fat lie for the past ooooh I'd say at least 6 years! LOL! I was very unhappy with my looks. Having grown up always skinny and pretty, my self esteem and self confidence took a big hit when I gained weight. Years went by and I just made excuses and felt sorry for myself. At one point I even decided I was just gonna be fat forever and I may as well accept it. I gave away all my old clothes I couldn't fit into anymore. Then on day I finally decided to stop making excuses and put down the fork and start working out. That elliptical machine had been sitting in my house for so long making me feel guilty... No excuses this time Crystal! I was 176lbs at my heaviest (July 2009). When I got down to 150lbs I was so stoked. At that point my mom was diagnosed with cancer and I lost motivation to work out. For months I was dealing with my mom's treatment (chemo/ radiation/ many complications) and my family so I pretty much stopped working out. I didn't gain any weight back, just didn't lose any more. Thankfully, my mom got back back to normal life in about 8 months. I decided to try to start getting back into working out... it was so hard! Lol! It was shortly after that I was introduced to MFP by a friend. I've been on MFP for 145 days and lost 26lbs. My driver's license is still a liar and I couldn't be happier because I now weigh 126lbs! :) Since 2009 I've gone from a size 12-14 to a 2-4. I wasn't even a size 2-4 in highschool! I am so thrilled to be happy with how I look again and feel great as well. I've never been in shape my whole life, like I am now. MFP is awesome :) I actually had the confidence to take AND post (on my profile) swimsuit pics today. Holy crap! LOL! :happy:

Replies

• Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Don't be worried about posting bikini shots, you are smokin'!

Well done on taking your life back!
  • wannareduce
    wannareduce Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    hey..thats awesome.. :smile: a big congratss on achieving this feat.. :smile:
    Can you give top 3 tips for the rest of us to benefit?
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous! Well done!
  • AimeeCarolyn
    AimeeCarolyn Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You've done an amazing job! Congrats to you!!! :)
  • NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fantastic.. cheers
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    You're hot!
  • leslielt
    leslielt Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    U go crazy girl!!! I used my elliptical today...I felt the fat growing back on lol
  • laylina
    Options
    you look amazing!!!!
  • CrystalMarie253
    Options
    hey..thats awesome.. :smile: a big congratss on achieving this feat.. :smile:
    Can you give top 3 tips for the rest of us to benefit?

Honestly... diet, exercise, self-discipline. I had to make myself work out every day even when I REALLY didn't want to. I had to guilt myself on to the elliptical when I didn't wanna work out, by telling myself I'll just feel regret later if I don't work out. I had to look at bad foods and ask myself, is that really worth throwing away the hour I just spent busting my butt on the elliptical. I really had to learn self control and limits.
  • CrystalMarie253
    Options
    U go crazy girl!!! I used my elliptical today...I felt the fat growing back on lol

Thanks Leslie! :)
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    You look fantastic.
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Awesome and they are very tasteful. Congratulations on all your hard work paying off.
  • Karenmarciano
    Karenmarciano Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your amazing story. I related to you in many ways. I know what it is like when a loved one is sick because my mother battled cancer for 5 years and eventually lost her fight in 2005. The journey with her was definitely full of lots of twists and turns, and ups and downs. I also put on extra weight this past semester at school and now that my semester is over I really want to get back on track. I found your story truly inspiring!!! And I hope to get to your weight one day....soon! Thank you again for sharing.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!!! I'm so proud of you! I know how hard it can be. My grandma was diagnosed with cancer last May and I quickly gained 10 lbs switching jobs and dealing with that, then when she got terminal, I put on even more weight. But I'm back with a vengeance, and have already lost 2 of the lbs I gained back. I'm really glad I read your story, 'cause it reassures me that even if I fall off the wagon, I can still have a great comeback! And I will!! Congratulations, and keep it up.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!!!! You look amazing!
  • CrystalMarie253
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your amazing story. I related to you in many ways. I know what it is like when a loved one is sick because my mother battled cancer for 5 years and eventually lost her fight in 2005. The journey with her was definitely full of lots of twists and turns, and ups and downs. I also put on extra weight this past semester at school and now that my semester is over I really want to get back on track. I found your story truly inspiring!!! And I hope to get to your weight one day....soon! Thank you again for sharing.

You're welcome! I am glad other people understand the struggle of having to deal with a family member with cancer. I know I am not alone at all with that one. It takes such a toll on you. I am so sorry about your mom :( Heartbreaking!

Keep at it with MFP. Don't give up. I NEVER in my life thought I'd ever get back my old body, much less a better one. If I can do it, you can! :)
  • gorgeouss9
    Options
    Your story is similar to my own! I just really hope that I lose weight and keep it off this time! (3rd time i want to lose just over 20 pounds in my lifetime). You look great -- Congrat's!!
  • CrystalMarie253
    Options
    That is amazing!!! I'm so proud of you! I know how hard it can be. My grandma was diagnosed with cancer last May and I quickly gained 10 lbs switching jobs and dealing with that, then when she got terminal, I put on even more weight. But I'm back with a vengeance, and have already lost 2 of the lbs I gained back. I'm really glad I read your story, 'cause it reassures me that even if I fall off the wagon, I can still have a great comeback! And I will!! Congratulations, and keep it up.

Thank you!! "With a vengeance" is EXACTLY what you need! That is what I did when I saw what a great tool MFP was, and I did it! You will too! So excited for you! :)
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! :flowerforyou:
  • CrystalMarie253
    Options
    Your story is similar to my own! I just really hope that I lose weight and keep it off this time! (3rd time i want to lose just over 20 pounds in my lifetime). You look great -- Congrat's!!

You can totally do it! :) Just stay focused! Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!