I AM A NON-SMOKER

Options
2»

Replies

• laurielie
    laurielie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i've been smoke "free" for 14 years now. don't miss it at all. and i smoked for about 25 years. I always say...........
    you got to be ready & really want to QUIT to be succesful.........proud of you:-)):flowerforyou:
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on quitting! The biggest hurdle is over, I promise.

I quit almost 5 years ago after almost 20 years of smoking. I gained 33 lbs within 6 months (I was being a pig and eating everything, not everyone will gain nearly as much as I did). Then I spent almost 4 years complaining about how slow my metabolism was and saying that's why I couldn't lose weight. Then I started being very serious about watching my calories and working out and here I am a year later at the same weight I was when I quit smoking. Just 20 plus or minus to go and I will be in very good shape.

You can do this! One thing I came across is that my bathroom habits changed dramatically. I never realized how much nicotine helped things along, so to speak. That could be a reason you have gained some weight.
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Here is what it has taken me to quit. I have an e-cig that I used heavily at first and now not so much....just feel stupid to be honest. I bouight nicorette gum and regular gum. I mix the two because quite frankly nic gum has no taste and gives me the hiccups. On the advice of a friend I got some silly putty. THAT has been the saving grace! It gives me something to do with my hands.

I haven't been snacking this week. I am just thinking that my body is in absolute and total shock. Other than the occassional urge to kick kittens my mood has been alright too!
  • samdgood
    samdgood Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    All of you are soooo encouraging! I just tried last week and failed. Didn't have much of a plan tho. Now I am making a plan and getting an e cig It's on back order so I wont get it for a couple of weeks but that gives me time to wrap my head around it. Thanks for sharing and I will come back and visit this chat often for reinforcement.
    Peace! :flowerforyou:

my advice is you get a good drag and that helps. some ecigs are better than others. i liked the 501 (first had the 901 which wasn't so great). make sure your atomizer is good when it is getting old it stops working get a new one. if you have a good charge on your battery, a good atomizer and plenty of juice you get a good drag and it's satisfying. otherwise you give up. good luck! (try the diff flavors of the nic juice. i loved apple and tobacco).
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I was using the e-cig at first....like constantly! I have found that lately I have only been using it once or twice a day
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!