Just started....again

Options
Hi Everyone!!

I just started back up with MFP last week and love it!! A few friends are also on board and very motivational, I guess we're just keeping each other honest with our food choices and exercise. :smile: I want to lose 23 more pounds, once there I will determine if a few more pounds need to go, it's been a long time since I've weighed what I should.

I'm looking to add a few friend here since we are all in the same boat, so we can encourage each other during those difficult times or plateau's.

I look forward to reading everyone's success stories :smile:

Dianne

Replies

• antipanic
    Options
    I joined back in June but really didn't give it a real honest try until about a month ago. I check in several times a day, and the accountability of having friends has been a huge motivator for me. Feel free to add me to your friends and I will help cheer you on. Best of luck!
  • brendalcianci
    Options
    I am 163 and feel like crap!!! Need some support!
  • Didiandeverytang
    Didiandeverytang Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, I finally decided enough was enough. I joined up years ago and forgot what an awesome support system we have on MFP, everyone is really motivational and supportive. This is it for me, I'm going full force!!
  • racerZ28
    Options
    I'm like you guys, and have been up & down, and started "over" a hundred times. This is a good site for tracking food & journaling....and is exceptional because of the friend support it gives.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you want. :smile:
  • Romira
    Romira Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you back on board. You can do it girl.!!!! :)
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    This is me too. I have started over and stopped many times. I really need to do this once and for all.
  • jmoyerta
    Options
    Hey-

I feel so disappointed with how I look and feel and suddenly it just hit me today! Anyone have any advice for those late night munchie sessions? I think that is where I sabotage all my daily efforts.

Thanks,

Jen
  • rcpayton
    Options
    Welcome back! The motivation and support from others on MFP keeps me going!
  • Tryin2findme
    Options
    Welcome back! :)
  • hsubharas
    hsubharas Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am back too. It's been since August and I do ok but the motivation and accountablity of MFP really helps. Let's do this thing. We can do it!!! Happy and healthy holidays to all!!!
  • emimacc
    Options
    Today is my first day starting MFP, and I'm completely motivated and actually am going to stick to a good exercise and diet routine until I get to my goal. If anyone wants to be friends with me to help each other stick to our goals, and be completely honest about our food and exercise choices, I'm happy to accept :)
  • leofink
    leofink Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey-

I feel so disappointed with how I look and feel and suddenly it just hit me today! Anyone have any advice for those late night munchie sessions? I think that is where I sabotage all my daily efforts.

Thanks,

Jen

I find that figuring out my calories and sticking to them is the key. It doesn't matter if you are eating late at night if it fits in your calories. You are shooting for a total calories in and total calories out. Trying to figure out the best times of day for eating is not going to help. If you leave yourself 200-300 calories and eat just the amount left, then you are fine.

Also, try looking up a zig-zag diet where you eat low calories on some days and higher calories on other days. It is nice to know that I am never more than three days away from a high calorie day where I can splurge a little.

Finally, take it easy on the negative self-image. Spend more time obsessing about what you are doing to get better, more healthy and fit instead of the problem. With each thing you eat, ask yourself, "Is this getting me closer to or further away from my goal?

Hang in there!

Leo
  • sweetcheeks27
    sweetcheeks27 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you are looking for any new friends. I will help any way that I can.
  • tpenha
    tpenha Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi everyone,

This is my first time here, I was somewhere else.. similair and heard a lot about this website. For my New Years Resolution, i'm gonna give this my best foot forward and do this!! I want to lose about 57lbs, I've dropped 25lbs already and keep going up & down. I'm hoping that this time, I get it right!!