The temptation to wait till New Year

Options
So, just 13 days left, anyone looking at starting a fresh, I was just wodnering who's waiting till then before really kicking it? I'm currently not doing great at all, and I don't know if I have the will power left in me to do anything with this build up to Xmas. But 2 weeks would be a good head start. Hmph!

Whats everyone else doing?

WIll x

Replies

• polarcubby
    Options
    I'm not waiting. I started my changes weeks ago. I just try to add additional things when I feel I can handle them. But I do still want to make New Year's resolutions, I just have to figure hour concrete manageable goals and maybe a timeline for them.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    2 weeks in the big picture is nothing to sweat about, just make sure when you start it's part of your lifestyle for the balance of your life....that's where the benefit is.
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I started 10 days ago really getting on track, and it's paying off for me, even with holiday events. There's nothing wrong with waiting for New Years, but I just realized personally that there's always a reason for me to put it off - I've been putting it off for 6 years. I can't use excuses anymore, today is the day :)
  • mzkynd
    mzkynd Posts: 63
    Options
    i am waiting and I am not waiting. Have started logging food ( and trying to be mindful of what I eat) am taking walks, and working on small doable lifestyle changes. However I am quitting smoking and drinking and hubby is quitting smoking . We decided to wait until Jan 2nd as our quit date. AND I have given myself permission to not feel guilty over the holidays. If I eat something that isn't so good over this week, well then I will just walk a little bit longer.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I've been dieting since June.. lost 28lbs, not sure if its diet or peri-menopause but currently having problems with monthly cycle so giving my body a rest until after new year to see if the next one will start at right time if I'm not going mad with the exercise.

I'll still be keeping an eye on my weight to make sure it doesn't creep up too much and still keep moving.. either housework or gentle wii games but no 2 hour workouts at 5am!

I will be having day off xmas day and enjoying my dinner & drink and trifle!!! :laugh: .. but rest of time my diet will be pretty similar maybe stricter before and after xmas day... once I got the other issues sorted I'll get back to a new exercise routine with aim of burning more and losing the last pounds.