scales ...

Options
now basically i step on the scales and it says i weigh 14 stone then a hour later it says i weight 14 1/2 stone n now im nearly at 15 stone i dont get how they work is it because ive ate or something this is really beginning to get on my nerves because i know ive lost the weight but it doesnt come up on the scales sigh and tomorrow morning it will go back down to about 14 stone or 14 and a half stone WTH man my aim is to get to 13 stone yeah i started to eat loads of crap like bread peanut butter and does that mean ive gain a stone in a matter of hours could someone explain to me how this all works much appreciated

Replies

• shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    did you eat after you first weighed or drink loads?.. mine fluctuate sometimes I get on and of then 5-6 times to see which number I get the most!

Also were you dressed first time? had more clothes on later (maybe put a extra jumper on if you were cold or had shoes or slippers on too?)

I weigh in same place first thing in morning after been for a wee and don't wear anything. Your body does naturally fluctuate throughout the day though, try again tomorrow under same circumstances as first weight you gave today and see if you still get 14st.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I'm a little confused. A stone is 14lbs, so if you are saying it goes from 14 stones to 14.5, does that mean you have gained 7lbs? I think you may need a new scale if it is fluctuating that much.

If you are exercising and building mucsle, sore muscles with retain more water in efforts to repair. Things like that will cause it to fluctuate quite a bit, but 7 to 14lbs is a lot of flucuating. I would try a new scale or at least a different one.
  • tp7even
    Options
    did you eat after you first weighed or drink loads?.. mine fluctuate sometimes I get on and of then 5-6 times to see which number I get the most!

Also were you dressed first time? had more clothes on later (maybe put a extra jumper on if you were cold or had shoes or slippers on too?)

I weigh in same place first thing in morning after been for a wee and don't wear anything. Your body does naturally fluctuate throughout the day though, try again tomorrow under same circumstances as first weight you gave today and see if you still get 14st.

yeah i started to eat a lot of junk like bread and peanut butter and drank a whole litre bottle of water