Bread.

Options
Has anyone removed bread from their diet before? If so, can you tell me your story about the good, the bad, and the ugly? As of last Sunday, I've made the call to remove bread from my diet and try by best to eat any processed type foods such as lunch meat and such.

I do believe my diet is pretty lean at the moment, and trying to cut the last eight to five pounds off my stomach/mid area.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks for your stories and advise.

Cheers,
dennis

Replies

• denniswords
    Options
    Has anyone removed bread from their diet before? If so, can you tell me your story about the good, the bad, and the ugly? As of last Sunday, I've made the call to remove bread from my diet and try by best to eat any processed type foods such as lunch meat and such.

I do believe my diet is pretty lean at the moment, and trying to cut the last eight to five pounds off my stomach/mid area.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks for your stories and advise.

Cheers,
    dennis
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Good luck if you try, I never could make it. I just make my own bread :smile:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I haven't had bread pasta or dairy in 3 weeks. I am fine and doing fine
  • Binkylove
    Binkylove Posts: 161
    Options
    I cut out breat a while ago. It has stopped the bloating (mind i think only females have that problem). I feel much better for it.

Pamela XXX
  • cryt11
    cryt11 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    When I eat bread I buy the lite style by peppridge farm
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten much bread since starting my "diet". I use low-fat tortillas as a sub. My dad uses weight watchers bread and it tastes OK and is pretty low in cals and carbs.
  • livinwell
    livinwell Posts: 47
    Options
    I have been staying away from "bread" for years, if I do eat bread I eat Ezekiel Bread which is from sprouted wheat and gluten free. If I make an exception and eat "bread" I almost always regret it. Good luck with your bread free mission, I think it is a good decision. :drinker:
  • schoonmp
    schoonmp Posts: 175
    Options
    Try the Sara Lee 45 calories & delightful wheat bread. It is delicious, and it last forever. I dont eat a lot of bread, but I could eat this bread for every meal. It's wondeful.

Pam
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I can never give up my bread...tried a few times..unsuccessfully!:laugh:
  • denniswords
    Options
    I haven't had bread pasta or dairy in 3 weeks. I am fine and doing fine

I haven't craved bread at all, so far. It's fairly easy with the right mind set in place. I've replaced bread and lunch meat with more greens, milk, and eggs. I feel a difference.

Cheers,
    dennis
  • Kelly11
    Kelly11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Binkylove - I have the exact same thoughts as you! It was hard to give up bread and pasta at first, but now I feel so much better!
  • denniswords
    Options
    Good luck if you try, I never could make it. I just make my own bread :smile:

Oh. Care to share which recipes you use?

Thanks,
    dennis
  • denniswords
    Options
    I have been staying away from "bread" for years, if I do eat bread I eat Ezekiel Bread which is from sprouted wheat and gluten free. If I make an exception and eat "bread" I almost always regret it. Good luck with your bread free mission, I think it is a good decision. :drinker:

I wonder if HEB (Local to Texas), or Sun Harvest would have that bread. Thanks for the suggestion!

dennis
  • FletcherChic
    FletcherChic Posts: 158
    Options
    dennis - when i went to Texas, i bought the Ezekiel bread at Sun Harvest...i LOVE the sesame one and it doesn't have the same effects as real bread on the digestive tract.. also - i freeze my bread (since i use it so sparingly) and you can pop the frozen slices right into the toaster....yummy!!!

i just looked at your profile to see what part of TX you're in and i went to college in san antonio!!!! i actually met my husband in the "Gucci-B" next to Incarnate Word (although back in those days it was just a regular old HEB)...\:flowerforyou:
  • becbec71
    becbec71 Posts: 136
    Options
    I haven't eaten much bread since starting my "diet". I use low-fat tortillas as a sub. My dad uses weight watchers bread and it tastes OK and is pretty low in cals and carbs.

Same here. I did try the WW pitas and I wasnt too find of them. THe rest of the family has bread and i dont really miss it at all. Of course I have an english muffin once in a while and have some pasta just no where as much as before.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    While I hardly ever eat WHITE bread any more. I still eat whole grain breads. If you can live without bread, great! I don't see the need, you don't need to remove bread to remove the last few pounds. I have found, through hard work and a lot of research that it's not so much one specific food type that will screw up your plan, it's having too MUCH of one specific (or more then one :tongue: ) food type that will hinder your sucess.

I have also found that once you get down near your goal, its just as important to re-examine your routine and exercise platform as it is to eat the right way. At least it was for me. I'm now trying to gain weight (muscle), but I was (not too long ago) where you are now, and I know that for me, it was all about really switching from mostly cardio, to a mix of HIIT training, weight training, and supersets that made the difference, not so much in changing my food. Build muscle while still getting in that aerobic activity and your body will build muscle, burn fat, and increase your resting metabolism.
  • blondie_girl14
    blondie_girl14 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I've havent't cut out bread but I eat the Pepperidge farms light bread, they are only 45 cals a slice and low on carbs, taste good too. I've cut out soda, even though I drink diet, I feel bloated when I drink it, and I have cut out processed sugar (like candy etc).
    Try the light bread, it isnt bad...and its not white either, which is good.
  • denniswords
    Options
    Well, I've managed to stay away from bread and bread like items for awhile now. I'm not doing away with carbs, just bread and similar items. So far so good. I've noticed a different in my body and how well it works well out it. More news to come in the next few weeks. Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers,
    dennis