Newb here as well. Need to lose 120 pds.

Options
Hello All.

I figure if I am going to throw my hat in this arena I should do it fully by introducing myself. I'm Debbie and I am a SAHM to two wonderful kiddos. I currently weigh about 280 pounds. Writing that out is awful. I am out of control right now and basically stuff my mouth with whatever I want. I start out each day thinking today is the day and then by noon I'm eating junk. Why I can't commit I just don't know. I am hoping to make some connections on here to help with the process and hopefully offer each other some incentive to come back and commit.

Replies

• lofgren22
    Options
    Hi Debbie,

I'm new on here as well.
    Not eating the junk its soo hard. But, I figured.. if I don't buy it..I can't eat it. So for the past 2 weeks no chips or junk as been put into my grocery cart. If you like to snack a lot, try cutting up veggies and fruit and have them on the top shelf in your fridge, so when you open it... its quick and easy to grab.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Take it slow and make little changes you can live with at first. Slow and steady. Good luck to you both.:flowerforyou:
  • breeves25
    breeves25 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome! Congrats on your decsion to get healthy! That is the first step... Good luck on your journey :smile: Sending a friend request.
  • Junepal
    Junepal Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie,
    I am new here to and continuing to make that connection as to what makes me eat junk food or over eat in general.
    I have been on MFP for a week now and love it. It is so helpful and the people on here are a great source of motivation. For me I find reading motivational books has been really helping me make the connection. If you want some titles just send me a message.
    Feel free to add me as I am always looking for friends, as the more support the better.
    Good luck on your journey!
  • Prozack1964
    Options
    hello and welcome here hope you have a great day
  • Kris10can
    Options
    Welcome!! I have been on this site for a month and it has offered sooo many benefits!!! I feel as though I can relate to how you are feeling.....I think if you stick with this site, check in regularly and connect with others you will be achieve some wonderful accomplishments and regain some control! Add me as a friend so we can support eachother! :)
  • jbahrami
    jbahrami Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie! Welcome to MFP! Remember, this is a long marathon...not a sprint, so slow and steady. The two best things about MFP are accountability and support...I'll add you as a friend to help be there for support!

Jen
  • mmgomez28
    mmgomez28 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie, I'm new here as well and I have a similar journey to yours. This might sound cliche, but I've noticed that everyday has gotten better and the cravings are slowly leaving. Drinking water, and tons of it helps.

Let me know if you need a friend through this.
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It can be hard to lose with kids at home, but just make little changes and they will pay of before you know it! I have 50 lbs to lose and I know how hard it can be with such a busy life! Add me if you would like! :happy:
  • roseemb
    roseemb Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Welcome - you have taken the big first step - saying how much you weigh and saying out loud that you're not happy about it. THat means you can really get started. Its certainly not easy, and trying to go cold turkey on everything in your life is hard too, so baby steps into a lifestyle that you can maintain - its not a diet! You can do it!
  • Terrilltm
    Options
    I am the same way.......but I have started really working out to help with burnin the calories........but I myself can have only ever kept up with anything for about a few weeks.......I really want to lost my weight too........havin a support group is good.......but right now I feel all alone........and then it gets harder to do anythin everyday.......but I make myself, because I do not want to be this big anymore........but I know if I stick to what I am doin I can lost the weight.......I hope the best for you.....and good luck......
  • Missy169
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP FAMILY !!!!! First I like to say CONGRATS !!! on taking the first step !!! add me we can take the journey together to becoming healthy !!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Please send me a friend request if you'd like! All you have to do is take this one day at a time. Log in every day, log your food, every bite. It will open your eyes and you'll start cutting back!