What 20lbs looks like... Is there a difference? *Pics

Options
I started my weight loss journey in August and have lost 20lbs so far. I have a longgg way to go (70lbs more), but I was comparing pictures this morning to when I was at my highest weight of 230lbs and was trying to see if there was a difference. I tried finding the most unflattering pictures I could find, which sadly wasn't hard :( lol. Sorry my current pictures are fuzzy, my friend's bedroom lighting isn't the best :/ Anything noticeable that you can see? BRACE YOURSELF, it gets intense.

Starting Weight: 230lbs
Current Weight: 210lbs

Face Pic Before/After (my default picture is current also)
230lbsface.jpg210lbsface.jpg

Body Pics Before/After
230lbs-HighestWeight.jpg
210lbs2.jpg

230lbs-1.jpg
210lbs3.jpg

230lbsswimsuit.jpg
sideview210lbs.jpg

*note: in that picture i was holding a rolled up piece of paper, i swear. LOL.

Replies

• melhayes1115
    melhayes1115 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Your face and calves look quite a bit thinner.
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    ha ha, I did have to look closely at that picture!!

Yeah you can definitely see a difference. Well done!! keep up the amazing work!
  • evalenz_123
    Options
    awesome progress!
    i too have lost around this many kilos and ive noticed it mainly on my face, neck and upper body area.

keep it up! :)
  • sharonhauptman
    sharonhauptman Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yes there is a difference. It is quite noticeable, especially in the face. Next time, wear the same clothes and pose in both before and after pics, ok?
  • MrsKyhemia
    Options
    i definitely see a difference....especially in your face! Keep going!! You're making good progress!!
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Oh yes you can definitely tell a difference! Great Work and congrats! You'll be at your goal in no time!
  • slimmingdownsteph
    slimmingdownsteph Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Yes there is a difference. It is quite noticeable, especially in the face. Next time, wear the same clothes and pose in both before and after pics, ok?

i will! i was just randomly comparing the pictures i already had... i didn't plan on posting them :)
  • kaylenlawrence
    kaylenlawrence Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    What a difference 20 lbs makes.. its amazing

I know you are working hard,, keep pushin!!
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Steph, you are doing SO. GREAT. I can definitely see your progress, and you deserve it! Keep it up!! :)
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Big difference--definite improvement! Keep posting!
  • slimmingdownsteph
    Options
    thanks so much everyone! it really means a lot :)
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I definitely see a difference!! Keep it up!! You are doing great!
  • MrsT99
    MrsT99 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Definitely - looking great!
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    You look great! What a nice gift to yourself! Keep taking the pictures along the way. If you ever plateau (and I hope you don't) those pictures are great motivation to get you through those nasty plateau weeks.
  • slimmingdownsteph
    Options
    You look great! What a nice gift to yourself! Keep taking the pictures along the way. If you ever plateau (and I hope you don't) those pictures are great motivation to get you through those nasty plateau weeks.

thanks so much!
    that's true i could :):)
    i already had a plateau D: lol.
    it latest about 3 weeks.

is it even possible NOT to plateau??
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!