What are you preparing on New Years Eve

Options
If you're entertaining what will you be serving your guests? My friends have been asking what they could bring but I still don't know what I want to serve everyone. Would like to hear suggestions and I bet I get some good ideas from other people :) Thanks and Happy Holidays to everyone!!!

Replies

• kimziebaby
    kimziebaby Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm running my very first 5K at the stroke of midnight with another MFP member. Woohoo! :)

- Completely irrelevant to the question, but at least i won't be eating.. i'll be running! :P
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I saw on one of the threads on here pictures of chunky cucumber slices with the middle seeds taken out and stuffed with tuna mayonnaise type stuff...thinking I might give that a go :-))
  • Jones4177
    Options
    I will be sleeping :)
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'm running my very first 5K at the stroke of midnight with another MFP member. Woohoo! :)

Oh my gosh, that is awesome!!!

To the OP -- I made tapas last year on New Year's Eve -- they are just a bunch of different Spanish appetizer-type foods. They are kind of fun and a little bit different. It was a hit. One of my favorite dishes was an egg-stuffed tomato, very pretty!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options

Oh my gosh, that is awesome!!!

To the OP -- I made tapas last year on New Year's Eve -- they are just a bunch of different Spanish appetizer-type foods. They are kind of fun and a little bit different. It was a hit. One of my favorite dishes was an egg-stuffed tomato, very pretty!

Hmmm, Sounds not only fun and delicious but a little different and special. Thanks!
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Family tradition wins out - baked ham is on the menu. I suggested salmon instead and got shot down.:laugh:
  • adezeray
    adezeray Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My hunny is making a deep fried turkey looks like I will be working out double that day. :) We have to have cabbage, has always been a tradition. (You eat cabbage on New Years Day for money all year long)
  • Coleyrole
    Options
    lots and lots of seafood :) shrimp and lobster especially :) yumm!! and some bubbly lol
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    We usually have steak & crab cakes....mmmmmmmmmmmm
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I will be preparing to get wasted !!! Does that count? lol
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Cabbage, potatoes, and black-eyed peas. Of course! :happy:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    Flanken ribs with my marinade!

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    WOW....I guess I never realized a lot of people have "food-traditions" for New Years...usually I feel like the food portion of the holidays ends with Christmas, and always just thought of the drinking part of New Years Eve!
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Lots of dips with different veg sticks. I always include things like sugar snap peas, cucumber, raw cauliflower etc as well as carrots, celery and peppers. If the dips are low cal/fat you can be quite relaxed about picking all evening. I do a non-alcoholic cranberry/lemonade/mango mixture too. Just leave the vodka open next to it for the real revellers! (And myself nearer midnight since vodka is pretty low cal.)
    Happy Christmas and 2012 to you! :drinker:
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Probably a mixed drink....
  • Amanda0325
    Amanda0325 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    nothing.. i will be sleeping off a trip to NYC on Friday night... probably not returning til dawn of NYE lol.. then a friend os having a party... they are handling the food and booze
  • vinylscratch
    vinylscratch Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    It's tradition... RAMEN NOODLES! We're actually all going to bed early to catch the first sunrise of the new year and do the Polar Plunge to benefit victims of domestic violence that morning!! WOOHOO!!
  • vinylscratch
    vinylscratch Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    It's tradition... RAMEN NOODLES! We're actually all going to bed early to catch the first sunrise of the new year and do the Polar Plunge to benefit victims of domestic violence that morning!! WOOHOO!!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    For tradition and good luck its a pork roast, sauerkraut and black eyed peas.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    New years eve will be finger foods probably. New years day though has to be corned beef (i think for luck), black eyed peas for luck and cabbage for money.