May 2009 Challenge: Week 1

Options

Replies

• Rottiemama
    Rottiemama Posts: 66
    Options
    ok....starting weight 239...down 4-lbs- goal met!!!

cardio goal was for 90 minutes, only did 60.

No excuses!!!!!!:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Next week focus,focus,focus!!

I noticed my calorie intake dropped lower this coming week for jut 2 lbs lost!

Good luck to everyone and great job... even if nothing changed you are still in the game so be proud!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Rottiemama
    Options
    FRUSTRATING!

Hi all. I logged 360 cardio minutes this week (power walking, My Fitness Coach, and Zumba class)

Unfortunately, the scale didn't move! I have to re-focus this week . . .

You should be proud of yourself Soxygirl!! that is a fantastic amount of cardio!!!:drinker: My body aches jut thinking about it!!:cry: Good for you!! :bigsmile: You only have 4 more to go and I know you can do it!!!
  • Rottiemama
    Options
    I'm a bit confused, sorry.
    Does our week of cardio end Thursday or Friday? Because we weigh in tomorrow, I thought it would end tonight. In the very first post, it mentions posting our cardio with our weigh in tomorrow.
    Can someone let me know?
    Look at that, my first challenge and I am already confused. :laugh:

No worries!! The new week starts Saturday morning. We finish up and weigh in tomorrow! Good luck and we are glad to have you in the challenge!

I disagree...it runs from Friday to Thursday and Friday morning we will get our new weeks challenge. Not Friday to Friday. :happy:
  • tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I did a total of 180 minutes of cardio but I did'nt loose any weight this week. I am still at 149. Hopefully next week will be better.:grumble:
  • smbrownl
    smbrownl Posts: 6
    Options
    I logged 285 minutes of cardio this week, which is a lot more than I planned. I'm really happy about that, but I only lost 1 pound. :ohwell:

Start Weight: 132.4
    Week 1 End Weight: 131.4

I guess I can handle a pound/week!

Good luck everyone! :smile:
  • sallydeb
    sallydeb Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Last week 168.2, this week 167.2. A pound is a pound.
  • annathelu
    annathelu Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    If we are logging today, I'll go ahead and log based on my weight last night. I won't be able to weigh myself today bc I use the gym's digital scale and I'll be missing today.

Last week: 136.
    Yesterday: 135

I'll admit I've been checking daily, which I know is wrong. I'm disappointed because it had been saying closer to 133 all week. At least I am feeling better and people are starting to notice progress even if the scale says no.

I logged 143 cardio minutes. Not very impressive compared to others, but i'm OK with that.
  • annathelu
    annathelu Posts: 127 Member
    Options

I logged 143 cardio minutes. Not very impressive compared to others, but i'm OK with that.

Whoops! 168 on the cardio for those who really care.
  • AndreaRBell
    AndreaRBell Posts: 11
    Options
    I did pretty okay this week... I got my hour of cardio in 3 days... not including today, which would make 4. I weighed in at 171 last Thursday... was back up to 172 on Monday....and today am 168 pounds.
    YAY!!!!
  • Cariñosita
    Cariñosita Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Well....weight this week--177. Down 1lb. That's a start, I guess. I did 375 minutes of cardio this week. I missed my workouts on the weekend...OOPS! Next week is a new week. More focus....more exercise!! I hope everyone had a great week and has a wonderful weekend!
  • abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Options
    Well I weighed in and gained 1.5 lbs but I think it is water weight...

if you gained weight this week... DO NOT STRESS, sometimes when you start changing your routine, that tends to happen... stay on the brighter side of things and watch some of the following things:
    1. Sodium intake
    2. Dehydration/Water Intake
    3. For females TOM
    4. Measurements

Sometimes, you may gain on the scale but come to find out, you are gaining muscles....

As for the challenge... It runs from Friday-Thursday and weigh in is Friday and you get your new challenge TODAY! I am lagging only because I am moving at this moment but, I will have the new thread posted in about 3 minutes! Keep up the hard work!!!! Great job everyone! Keep chuggin along and work hard! beat adversity!
  • abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Options
    _________________________________ALERT___________________________________

The new challenge is posted! Please post your Week 1 info here and start posting for week 2 there

Here is the link...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/52391-may-2009-challenge-week-2
  • Tayla08
    Tayla08 Posts: 94
    Options
    My Starting weight was 170
    Today's Weight is 166
    I'm down 4 pounds!!!

Good Luck everyone!!!!
  • leshawnturner
    leshawnturner Posts: 382
    Options
    My weight this week is 252!! I'm down 2.5 lbs!!!:bigsmile: I did 115 min of cardio which is a lot better than the 0 that i was doing. My goal is to get in at least 150 min of cardio next week...by the way what is the challenge for next week??

Way to go everyone and good luck for next week!!:flowerforyou: :smooched:
  • sheofthesea
    sheofthesea Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I weighted in at 209, which is up, but I'm not going to let it get me frustrated.

I did about 150 minutes of cardio, which doesn't include housecleaning ( I make it as hard as possible!) and a field trip to the zoo with my first grader.
  • nytoaz
    nytoaz Posts: 143
    Options
    Today's weigh in: 118.4 down .6 pound :smile:
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I gained a pound but i also haven't been working out as much as I should .... This weekend we are hiking and camping all weekend so i'll be doing alot of carido and burning calories so im hoping to see better results next weigh in...
  • cryt11
    cryt11 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I didnt get to weigh in before work, will post later!
  • sbjg2430
    sbjg2430 Posts: 19
    Options
    Start weight: 157
    Today's weight: 156

Down only a pound but I'll take it! Especially since i didn't get nearly as much cardio in as i wanted b/c of the crappy weather we've been having lately. And i still don't have my treadmill :grumble: Hopefully this week!
  • eri1mani
    eri1mani Posts: 42
    Options
    Week one, no gain ,nothing lost, kinda fustrated as my cardio was wicked, best since if been on MFP (first time i worked out 5 days in a week :drinker: :drinker:

Sw w- 212
    C w- 212