What is your best workout plan?

Options
What workout plan do you guys use and what do you think has worked the best for you in your weight loss journey? I have 14 pounds to lose and am stuck in a plateau so i'm looking for suggestions :)

Replies

• sixpackkid
    Options
    hi i am a 16 year old male, july 3rd i weighed 205 pounds, i weighed my self today i weigh exactly 168.4. my workout plan/daily routine is, well i basically go to the gym every single day, the only reason why i might not go is because im either dead or sick, but my routine is one day i do weights and swimming and the next day i do 1hour elliptical and 25mins swimming,i swim every single day and weights every other day cause you need you muscles to rest a full 48 hours, if your trying to lose weight my tip is: just live in the water, haha.
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I do supersets for weight training and HIIT for cardio.

oh..BTW...loove your profile pic...Christina Halkiopoulos is HAWT!!! Love her. And she is SUPER sweet in person.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I workout 6 days a week

Sun-50/50 50% cardio 50% weights-usually fast paced high reps moderate weights
    Mon-25 cardio/75 weights
    Tuesday-100% cardio either a run outdoors for 60 minutes or if at gym I will 30 minutes on treadmill/15 on stairclimber/15 on arc trainer strength program
    Wed-off
    Thurs-50/50
    Friday-100% cardio
    Sat-25 cardio/75 weights

Cardio days are usually an hour, other days are anywhere from an hour to 90 minutes. Very little rest between sets and exercises. I can usually keep my HR on 50/50 days between 140 and 150 and on 25/75 days I keep my HR between 120 and 140. The heavy weight training days are days I work with my personal trainer, the 50/50 days I am on my own. All my weight training days I do core as well in between sets doing crunches or planks.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    In general I do 90 minuted of cardio with 30 minutes of resistance 6 days a week.

I rest resistance Tuesday and cardio every 10 days or so.
    My resistance is lower weights but high reps, then heavy every 3rd workout.

And I split my body into 3 muscle groups:
    1. Legs
    2. Chest- triceps - shoulders
    3. Arms - back

I do a lot of weird things for cardio like military march, boxing type training,
    dancing, floor rolls, squat thrust intervals and the good ole jumping jack.
    And I jog, swim, play tennis, fast walk and bike.

Lost 64lbs and nearly 20% body fat - it works for me.
  • pkarim
    pkarim Posts: 171
    Options
    Thanks, I have have been hitting the weights really hard, Christina is my motivation.We're the same height and my goal is to look just like that lol.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I have have been hitting the weights really hard, Christina is my motivation.We're the same height and my goal is to look just like that lol.

Well, you look fabulous!
    My wife is very inspired by ladies like you as I am.
    She's 46 years old and in peak condition with a killer body after 5 kids.

There are NO EXCUSES!
  • xginanax
    xginanax Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hey, so far since i only started last week on my diet and workout and what i have found that have being working for me since i hate exercising is I

START OFF by 30 day shred dvd workout by Jillian Michaels (BIGGEST LOSER TRAINER)

THEN: 10 mins PILATES (for beginners)

LAST: 40 Mins cross trainer while watching some dvds like 2 and a half man or prison break.

Planning to add more abs and arms exercise this week.

last week worked out 6 times a week. Planning on doing it for this week too :)
  • xginanax
    xginanax Posts: 333 Member
    Options

I'm sorry but who is Christina?
  • y_53kg
    y_53kg Posts: 35
    Options
    WELL, no gym here.
    But here's what i do.

Daily walk- (increasing the duration and speed each day)
    100 crunches
    100 reverse crunches
    30 squats
    30 lunges
    15 burpees
    30 love handles workout
    A hip and butt workout that i found
    20 minutes dance/aerobics DVD

Each time i try to increase the reps and sets..
    I do things that i enjoy (:
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Compound exercises with minimal cardio, go heavy and lift like there is no tomorrow...
  • pkarim
    Options
    WELL, no gym here.
    But here's what i do.

Daily walk- (increasing the duration and speed each day)
    100 crunches
    100 reverse crunches
    30 squats
    30 lunges
    15 burpees
    30 love handles workout
    A hip and butt workout that i found
    20 minutes dance/aerobics DVD

Each time i try to increase the reps and sets..
    I do things that i enjoy (:

That sounds awesome! I'm going on vacation in a few days and I will have no access to anything expect really bad food so this workout sounds great. Do you do it every other day?
  • pkarim
    Options

I'm sorry but who is Christina?

Christina Halkiopolus
    Shes a fitness model, the one in my profile picture