Any linux users?

Options
gashinshotan
gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
I have ubuntu installed on two laptops but im running windows 8 on my tablet. Anyone want to make a Linux group.

Replies

• peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    I run Ubuntu on my media pc and my laptop, but the pc's that my wife and kids use run windows 7.
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Ubuntu user here, husband and I have it installed on our laptops. Wouldn't use anything else honestly.
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    The prob I have with linux is that I can't play all the games I want to.... but otherwise I prefer it over Windows.... Windows 8 is very decent so far but I'm still getting crashes at least once a day lol... but plays all WIndows games fine
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I know this is kind of an old thread, but as a long time linux user, I just had to comment. I'm using Gentoo as my primary OS; Debian is another favorite. At work I deal mostly with Fedora/RHEL/Centos.
  • theberg
    Options
    Arch on my desktop, debian server for the house, kids have ubuntu. I have a macbook for school and havent been able to convince the wiffe to use linux so shes got a win7 laptop.
  • sgtlittle
    sgtlittle Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I use Ubuntu on my netbook and run various other using VMware (RHEL, Fedora, BackTrack, etc...) I prefer linux to any other OS, but unfortunately it is not as widely accepted as Windoze.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Linux user here! I've used all sorts of Distros. For right now using Ubuntu. I'm also running a VM with Windows 7 as a development environment for whenever I need to do some .NET stuff since Mono isn't perfect yet.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    me me me. It's the only environment I develop on.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I'd love to learn more about linux. I have yet to install it on a computer but I want to learn all about it and do so. :smile:
  • purseus
    Options
    i would use linux but all my game are windows based but i could install it to run along side windows
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    I'd love to learn more about linux. I have yet to install it on a computer but I want to learn all about it and do so. :smile:

You could try the Ubuntu live cd, all you have to do is burn it to disc and tell your computer to boot from the cd drive and now your running Ubuntu without modifying your current operating system at all.
  • PeeTeePee
    PeeTeePee Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm without Ubuntu at the moment as my daughter has "liberated" my laptop and put Win XP back on it. I'm going to treat myself to a new one after Christmas. Now, which laptop to get, hmmm.
  • pmich08
    pmich08 Posts: 193
    Options
    Ubuntu 11.10 here!

I can't even function in Windows any more ha ha
  • _snw_
    Options
    i would use linux but all my game are windows based but i could install it to run along side windows

Just use a dual boot
  • _snw_
    Options

You could try the Ubuntu live cd, all you have to do is burn it to disc and tell your computer to boot from the cd drive and now your running Ubuntu without modifying your current operating system at all.

heh. i chimed in too late!
  • solman66
    solman66 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Long time linux user here. I've run the gamut of distros, with gentoo and opensuse being my favorites.
    I used to run fedora here at work but recently switched to opensuse.

I can't stand the new gnome 3 interface, I'm just too set in my ways I guess.
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm a linux newbie. I gave Ubuntu a try but went with Mint.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I had linux installed on my PC for a few hours once as husband was testing stuff...man was it awesome!!
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    <3 linux! I remember starting on Slackware and compiling the kernel anytime I wanted to enable a driver for a new card lol

Ubuntu or Debian FTW now!