OMG... Never thought I'd EVER have the confidence to post sw

Options
Ok my driver's license says I weigh 135lbs. That was SUCH a big fat lie for the past ooooh I'd say at least 6 years! LOL! I was very unhappy with my looks. Having grown up always skinny and pretty, my self esteem and self confidence took a big hit when I gained weight. Years went by and I just made excuses and felt sorry for myself. At one point I even decided I was just gonna be fat forever and I may as well accept it. I gave away all my old clothes I couldn't fit into anymore. Then on day I finally decided to stop making excuses and put down the fork and start working out. That elliptical machine had been sitting in my house for so long making me feel guilty... No excuses this time Crystal! I was 176lbs at my heaviest (July 2009). When I got down to 150lbs I was so stoked. At that point my mom was diagnosed with cancer and I lost motivation to work out. For months I was dealing with my mom's treatment (chemo/ radiation/ many complications) and my family so I pretty much stopped working out. I didn't gain any weight back, just didn't lose any more. Thankfully, my mom got back back to normal life in about 8 months. I decided to try to start getting back into working out... it was so hard! Lol! It was shortly after that I was introduced to MFP by a friend. I've been on MFP for 145 days and lost 26lbs. My driver's license is still a liar and I couldn't be happier because I now weigh 126lbs! :) Since 2009 I've gone from a size 12-14 to a 2-4. I wasn't even a size 2-4 in highschool! I am so thrilled to be happy with how I look again and feel great as well. I've never been in shape my whole life, like I am now. MFP is awesome :) I actually had the confidence to take AND post (on my profile) swimsuit pics today. Holy crap! LOL!

Replies

• BlessedMoon
    BlessedMoon Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success!!
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! You sound a lot like me, except i was never skinny, and my license actually says that 135, and it also lies because I am 121 ;) I was 160 at my heaviest
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Options
    Your pics are amazing/stunning and so are you, well done
  • clpott04
    Options
    Congrats :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!