help with making but not eating cookies - choc chip, oat, br

Options
Hi All,

I have the situation where I am going to be making chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal cookies, and brownies for Friday. All the stuff (white flour) chocolate chips, butter, etc. is already in the house. PLUS I love raw cookie dough. What hints can you give me to prepare this stuff and not start binging? I will really appreciate it.

Replies

• megandunn18
    megandunn18 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I always keep a pack of gum nearby...just pop in a piece whenever you get a craving!
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I'm cooking cookies for presents on Wednesday, m&m ones, my favs! Same dilemma as you, gonna make sure I've eaten my dinner before I start so I'm not hungry. Gum is a great idea! Maybe try brushing your teeth so the dough will taste horrible if you do nibble
  • quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    As the others said... brush your teeth and eat gum. I'm so bad at doing that, though... I never do it because I know I want to eat some dough. And then I eat a ton of dough. If you are serious about it, chomp on that gum!! :)
  • sharonhauptman
    sharonhauptman Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    OK all, i am on my way to get gum. by the way not too long ago i found some sugarfree apple pie gum. It was great, though I bet it is horrible for you. I will also take a toothbrush with me on christmas day or at least some toothpaste in a baggie. I totally forgot about gum. Today I baked a no-crust, fake sugar, low fat milk, eggs and pumpkin and cinnamon pie. I could eat the whole thing for just 400 calories, and truthfully, it tastes so good, I think I will. I baked two, and will have one on hand Wednesday when I bake the cookies. You guys are tops. Also, I think I will put on country music and dance. I am very very happy now. Did I tell you you have made a big difference? I was dreading this baking, thinking of a possible defeat, but now I am on it!!!
  • FitnessBarbie99
    FitnessBarbie99 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My daughter made cookies yesterday. I had one for dessert after Sunday dinner. Totally allowable. I permit myself "dessert" one day a week. Also, after dinner, we packed them all up.

95981.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I've done this. Gum doesn't work so well for me, but eating carrots instead does. Also, I don't let myself try any until the dough is almost gone. Once I start, I keep going, so I put off starting as long as possible.