weight gain, buit week was the same

Options
Last week I gained 3.4 lbs!!! I have lost 168lbs since May 2010 and am close to my goal of losing 200lbs. My week was the same as in the past. Exercise daily and ate like I usually do. My daughter did make cookies to give out at school and I ate 5 or 6 of them over 5 days, but that wouldn't make me gain 3.4 lbs since I was at or under my calorie goal every day!! Any reasons for this????? I am just a bit frustrated to be so close and have a big set back like this. Thanks for any answers on this!

Replies

• empleh69
    Options
    BUMP
  • kellyanne8
    Options
    A lot of times we don't relize it but it's just water retention(weight) nothing to worry about,it will go away.cut out the salt,and eat asparagus(it getss rid of fluid) there are more i just forgot them.Also drink lots of water it sounds wierd but it works to get rid of excess water.
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Last week I gained 3.4 lbs!!! I have lost 168lbs since May 2010 and am close to my goal of losing 200lbs. My week was the same as in the past. Exercise daily and ate like I usually do. My daughter did make cookies to give out at school and I ate 5 or 6 of them over 5 days, but that wouldn't make me gain 3.4 lbs since I was at or under my calorie goal every day!! Any reasons for this????? I am just a bit frustrated to be so close and have a big set back like this. Thanks for any answers on this!

So, you've been doing this for over a year, lost almost 200 lbs, and this is the FIRST time that's happened to you?

WATER RETENTION.
  • empleh69
    Options
    Yes this is the 1st time. I mean I have gained a pound or 2 over a week, but that was my fault...holidays I think. That's alot of water to retain!! LOL