Eggcelent Shape for Easter Challenge

Options
The New Year is upon us and it is time for those New Year's resolutions! What's yours? Are we going to resolve to live a healthier lifestyle...again? To drop those 10 extra pounds that we've been hanging on to forever? Whatever your eating/weight/exercise resolution is this year...this challenge is the one for you!

Our challenge will start on January 2, 2012 and end on April 9, 2012 (Easter Monday)!

Our goals are pretty easy:
1 - To lose 10% of our weight
2 - Calories burned: 23,800 (340 calories per day / 5 days per week)
3 - Minutes exercised: 2,100 (30 minutes per day / 5 days per week)

We will post weekly mini-challenges to help keep us all on track! I will accept (welcome) ideas for weekly challenges.

We will track measurements at the beginning of the challenge, monthly and then again at the end. Sometimes ,as we work out, we see more of a difference in the inches than the pounds...so we'll keep track of both.

I know I have a personal interest in my BMI as I'm trying to get out of the obese range, so the spreadsheet will allow for us to track our BMI as well. Not everyone is as focused on this number, so it won't be incorporated into the goals...but it will be there to help remind those of us who need reminding!

Weigh-ins will be on Monday. Everyone will be responsible for logging their weight on the spreadsheet or letting one of the administrators know so we can do it for you.

We do understand that things come up and you may forget...but in an effort to keep things in order we will have a 2 week inactivity removal policy. Please make sure that you either message us or log in your information to keep from being removed from the spreadsheet.

If you are interested in joining us for a happy, healthy 2012 please send me a message and/or friend request! We will have the spreadsheet up and running before the start of the challenge.

I will also be setting up a group for us to all meet and get to know one another! I'm looking forward to a very healthy new year with lots of new friends as I continue on this wonderful weight loss journey!

And please pardon my typo! I can't believe I did that! So much for self-editing! Eggcellent Shape for Easter!!!

Replies

• I'm In!!!! :)
  • modernsoul
    modernsoul Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join.
  • LovinLifeChik
    LovinLifeChik Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am SOOOOOOO in!
  • Mary2270
    Options
    i am in!!!
  • mom2nate08
    mom2nate08 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I really want to be a part of this challenge, and I am hoping that I will have found the oomph that has been missing from the New Year, New You challenge before January 2. i sure don't want to be cut from the team for lack of participation!
  • kcooper141
    Options
    LovinLifeChik invited me to this group, so if it's alright with you, I'd love to participate! I can use all the support and accountability I can get!
  • ImChar
    ImChar Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun! Can I join in?
  • thinmomsoon
    thinmomsoon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I need to join in, I am getting too complacent and need to set some goals!
  • Leanne169
    Options
    I am up for this challange! Perfect timing for the New Year, New You challange ending!

Looking forward to it. And I totally agree with two week inactivity removal as it keeps the spreadsheet nice and tidy!
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I am so in. I've gained back the 11 lbs I lost, plus added 4 more recently, so I need a kick in the butt.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Would love to join, I want to lose my last 15lb or so before summer :)
  • 76wendyful
    Options
    I would like to join this group!
  • anjanettecomer
    Options
    Sounds good. I could use a challenge.
  • mwilbur27
    Options
    I'm in.
  • CherylVannattan
    CherylVannattan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! :) Can't wait to start the new challenge!! :) So excited to start this new year off right!
  • KiniWoman
    KiniWoman Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Count me in please! :)
  • pshill0810
    Options
    This sounds like just what I need!! Count me in!! I desperately need the accountability and encouragement ..
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. Just a question though. I have been trying to leave the scale as much out of my life as I can and only weigh in the first of every month. Would it be possible if I could weigh in every other week instead of every week? I've found the lack of scale leaves out some stress :)
  • cnkan0119
    cnkan0119 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Finally getting settled and back on track so I can manage this one.
  • becschneider
    Options
    Count me in please :)