Confused...

Options
Ok, I don't understand how I can eat right on plan and exercise 4 days a week and I only lose .5lb in 1 week. That doesn't make sense to me. Does anyone have any idea? I appreciate your help and feedback.

Thanks,
Mary

Replies

• graciegirl59
    Options
    For me, personally, I have noticed if it is getting towards that time of the month my weight loss seems to not be as spectacular as I would like. Don't know if it has to do with hormones or the fact that its harder to stay on track with eating. For me probably the latter. I've always had a sweet tooth!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    1 week is too small of a snapshot to make any conclusions about anything. Watch trends over the course of a larger time period and you'll get a better picture as to whether or not you need to change anything.
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Hi Mary :)

I looked @ your diary, and noticed there were a few days where you ate 800-900 calories, and a day where you ate less than 1100 calories. I am not sure if that is typical routine or not for you, (and I am not an expert on this or anything) but I noticed on other forum posts that sometimes when people eat 1200 calories or less, it becomes harder to lose weight as their bodies try to hold on to the fat reserves...some call it "starvation mode." Again, I am not an expert, its just something I saw on prior forum posts...

best of luck :)
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    and christ all mighty, id jump for joy at a .5 loss at this point...
  • Jebo200
    Jebo200 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was having the same problem about half way through last month. I kept with it and then I lost about three pounds a week for two weeks in a row. I think, overall your average will be what you eating planned for. It is hard to stay motivated when the scale stops. Also, remember, if you are building muscle or bloating those may be factors in you weight.
  • MrsCurtisinTX
    MrsCurtisinTX Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Some days I have to force myself to eat. Also I eat a lot of salads so they are lower in calories. I don't eat back my calories from working out I'm not sure if that is the difference or not. It has worked for me so far. I have been thinking my calories are too low. I guess I need to figure out what to eat that is higher in calories and lower in carbs.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Some days I have to force myself to eat. Also I eat a lot of salads so they are lower in calories. I don't eat back my calories from working out I'm not sure if that is the difference or not. It has worked for me so far. I have been thinking my calories are too low. I guess I need to figure out what to eat that is higher in calories and lower in carbs.
    Are you allowing MFP to calculate the number of calories you eat a day? Is that 1,330 number provided by MFP, or did you choose it?
  • hipsgalore
    hipsgalore Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @aprilbeth...me too!!
  • Evanstl
    Evanstl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You need to eat back your exercise calories, not all of them, but some of them so you dont send your body into starvation mode where it trys to reserve fat. I have heard lots of facts about people who eat more (of the right foods) looses more. Also, if your building muslce, muscle weighs more than fat. Hang in there.
  • MrsCurtisinTX
    MrsCurtisinTX Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I let MFP choose my calories.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I let MFP choose my calories.
    Very good. Here's some groovy info: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/390145-should-i-eat-my-exercise-calories