258lbs down to 132lbs (PIP)

Options
juma4474
juma4474 Posts: 64 Member
I started my journey right after my 1st son was born. I had always hovered around the 200lb marked all through HS, even though I was active in softball on multiple teams. Looking back now I know I ate horribley and the only activity I did was play softball. I decided I wanted to be a better mom for him and be happier with myself.

I simply got my butt off the couch and started exercising and watching what I ate. I adopted an "everything in moderation" philosphy to eating so as not to deprive myself of the things I loved. I completely cut out soda, and upped my water intake. And started really learning how to be healthy and still live my life.

Over the 1st 9months I got down to about 165lbs, then I found out I was pregnant with my 2nd son. My goal throughout the pregnancy was to remain healthy and only gain a normal amount of weight. With that accomplished and a 2nd healthy son and got right back on track to loosing the rest of the weight. I am now 132lbs and have maintained that weight loss for almost 5years.

Some days I still the "fat chick" in the mirror and then I realize all my clothes are smalls and mediums and there is no way I am still that same woman. I love who I have become and thanks to MFP I never plan on going back to the way I was.

383097_10150439118274332_690099331_8615094_1562786454_n-1-1.jpg

Replies

• theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look amazing. Congratulations :)
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    fantastic...a baby in the middle and maintain for 5 years! great story!
  • swtgrl42
    swtgrl42 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    WOW. Thank you for sharing your amazing success story. Congratulations, you look wonderful!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration you are indeed!! Congrats!
  • juma4474
    juma4474 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies, I thought it was about time I shared with others. And when I came across the old photo of me in my wallet I took it as a sign that it was time to "do it now"
  • catdoc1
    catdoc1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I love your weightloss success, but I love your maintenance success even more. Thank you for sharing!!!!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    What am amazing transformation. . Congratulations~!:bigsmile:
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    fantastic to hear a story about you maintaining it for already 5 years. Thank you for sharing!!!
  • lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    wow! Awesome!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    wowzers!!!! i'm not too good at math but that sounds like 126 lbs gone! that is PHENOMENAL!
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! You look fantastic!!!
  • sevoke
    Options
    You inspire me!!!! started at 267#, to be in the hundreds will thrill me!!!! Great job, thanks for sharing!!!!
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing work and very inspiring!!
  • Adventuretown
    Adventuretown Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely stunning! GOOD JOB!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!