Anyone here on or has been on Herbal Magic?

Options
I've been debating joining Herbal Magic to help me with my weight loss goal. Has anyone had success with this? And kept the weight off? Is it worth the money (2-6K)?

I've just joined MFP this month and I'm not sure which systems, or how many I need in place in order to help me be successful in this weight loss journey.

Any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    2-6K??? as in thousand pounds?? (£2,000-£6,000)
  • CanadianMomma
    CanadianMomma Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    $2,000 - $6,000 Canadian Dollars
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I've just joined MFP this month and I'm not sure which systems, or how many I need in place in order to help me be successful in this weight loss journey.
    You will need systems such as digestion, cardiovascular, and musculoskeletal.

Log your foods for a while to gain a sense of how many calories are in different items, and try exercising a bit to see how many calories you burn off during various activities. From there, you get to start making choices about what to eat or not eat, and how often and how much to exercise. Log these things accurately. In my opinion and experience, no external "system" will replace your own lifestyle changes and choices.
  • cassuccino
    cassuccino Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of it before but I personally wouldn't do it just because of the price. If you have that kind of money to spend, go ahead. When you're all done with it, let us know if it was worth it!! =)
  • ogosun
    ogosun Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    wow your kidding...that is alot of cash
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    You know, I am beginning to think I am in the wrong industry. Apparently I need to make "herbal diet supplements" and "natural detox".....
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I assumed that it was some kind of pill or supplement. Looks like it's a weight loss system, like Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers -- along with food that they want to sell you.

Most folks here will suggest that you stick to the MFP program. It's free, and you will find plenty of support and information in the forums. I would especially recommend joining this group, and perusing the myriad topics, all with great (verifiable) info: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/457-unofficial-mfp-faq

It's not glamorous, nor is it a shortcut, but tracking what you eat here works.

Save your money, and give MFP a try. Best wishes! :drinker:
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    herbal magic always made me hungry
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    if you control what you eat, make healthy choices, and exercise regularly, you will lose the weight. this isn't easy, it will require sacrifices, and it will be worth it.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of it, but I recommend giving MFP some time before throwing down thousands of dollars on a program!!! Good luck!

Also, I just looked at your profile and saw that you only have 65 pounds to lose. I've been on here almost a year and have lost 40 pounds with sticking to my calorie goals and exercising 2 to 3 days per week. You can do this!
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    OMG - what a SCAM! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Don't get involved in such tomfoolery - please!

Just follow the recommendations here and set your goals for 1lb weight loss per week.

Simple deal!

More on Herbal Magic - lol
    http://www.dietfraud.com/Dietcraze/scams_herbalmagic.html
  • CanadianMomma
    CanadianMomma Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the advice everyone.
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I had a roommate who was on Herbal Magic once. I do not know if she stuck to everything (like if there were dietary restrictions) because that girl did not eat well and she did not exercise. Her parents paid for the Herbal Magic and in my personal opinion it was a huge waste of money. She did not lose any weight doing it, and it did not teach her how to live healthfully.

I agree with the above posters in recommending that you try MFP for a while-try to learn to make healthy food choices, be aware of your portion sizes, exercise regularly (even if it's just 30min of walking a day), and make sure you're eating a good balance of carb/protein/fat. It will not cost you any extra money, and you can put the money aside that you would have spent on Herbal Magic and save it up for a vacation or something to reward yourself with when you are healthy!
  • FitDC
    FitDC Posts: 63
    Options
    From what I have heard, Herbal Magic is a large company (like Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig). It incorporates vitamins and minerals into the usual healthy choice eating and exercising. There is weekly accountability. It will work for you like any other diet program, if you stick to the program.

Over the years, I have found that the gyms I have joined and the programs I have joined were good for a few weeks and then I lost interest and went back to my old habits. We know what to do, we just need the discipline.

My Fitness Pal can make you accountable each day and bring success, if you stick to the program.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I wouldn't waste the money. All you need is to put your mind to this and you can do it.
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    You know, I am beginning to think I am in the wrong industry. Apparently I need to make "herbal diet supplements" and "natural detox".....

seriously... wanna partner up? We will pay a bunch of hot people to say they lost weight on it! Lots of $$$ ;)
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    My mother had a lot of success on it, but honestly the program just tells you to eat better and exercise. I don't think you need to pay that much money to do it.
  • lynne_p
    lynne_p Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I was with Herbal Magic approx ten years ago. It is a lot of money for the program, then you also pay weekly on top of that for the supplements. I did lose 40 lbs with them but I put it all plus more back on once I quit. When it comes right down to it, all you need is to burn more calories than you're taking in. And that advice is totally free here on MFP.
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Use the money you would spend on that Herbal system on excerise equipment and excercise dvd's you'll be better off.