Halfway there! 355 to 286.

Options
EricNCSU
EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
I joined MFP 2 months ago, but this journey starts long before that. I hit my heaviest weight in September of 2009. I started logging my weight in an excel file, and the first weight listed is 345, but 355 is stuck in my head for some reason, so I believe that is my heaviest weight of my life.
6538072825_cfedb2d233.jpg
This is me in September of 2009 at a family wedding and somewhere in that 345-355 range. (Orange shirt, if ti wasn't obvious)
6538073305_ac0884b34a.jpg
This is me at 308 pounds, my MFP starting weight - October of 2011
6538073937_7c9626df11.jpg
And this is my most recent picture, at a 5K I ran back in November. My weight in this picture was 292 pounds, I don't have a pic yet at 286 pounds.

Remember that this is over the course of 2 years. So don't get frustrated if the scale doesn't move in 1 week. It took 29 years to put on this weight, half of it gone in 2 years is pretty damn epic. Don't give up!

**I removed the URL stuff that flickr wanted to put in and left the img codes, so hopefully the pictures will still show.

Replies

• cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    doing sooo Great honey :) Sooo Verry proud of you!!!
    Kimmy :laugh: :love: :flowerforyou: :blushing: :wink: :laugh: :smile:
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    WWWWOOOOOWWWW!! You look sooo much younger! Way to go!! PS I like the shorter hair much more too, it shows that you care about yourself!
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazzing.. congrats on the loss and you can see the determination in your face in that last picture! wow :)
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Congratulations. You look great, and must feel even better.
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    wow congrats
  • mmelaragno
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Keep up the great work!
  • yadicarter
    Options
    You look fantastic and are doing an amazing job! Keep up the great work =) Such an inspiration and motivation!
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation man, very happy for you. Keep it up!
  • cgd67
    cgd67 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • fmw123
    fmw123 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You look about 20 years younger! Good for you. Well done :)
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    WWWWOOOOOWWWW!! You look sooo much younger! Way to go!! PS I like the shorter hair much more too, it shows that you care about yourself!

My hair is actually still long, it's back in a pony tail in the race picture, but I'm about to get it cut short again since I'm looking for a job.

Thanks everybody, just wanted to share... it's a marathon, not a sprint. Like the Tortoise says, Slow and Steady Wins the race!
  • Spliceintuit
    Spliceintuit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Eric, you are doing a phenomenal job of staying healthy and losing your weight. As your pal, I am so proud of you. I love reading success stories like yours. It is motivating!
  • sjerrott
    sjerrott Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    What an amazing difference - I bet you were excited to do your first 5K too - I cried crossing the finish line!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Nice work!!! Congratulations
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You look amazing! Such an inspiration :O)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!