Where does the flab go?

Options
I have a saggy belly! I am worried that as I loose weight, it will sag even more. Where does the excess skin from arms and belly go? I don't want to work hard to lose the weight, just to have excess skin that hangs even lower in the front. I know that I can always wear Spanx or something to hide it, but does anyone know from experience if as you lose weight, does it go away?
Thanks for the help 24 pounds down, 70 more to go!!

Replies

• zippitydo
    zippitydo Posts: 62
    Options
    I have a saggy belly! I am worried that as I loose weight, it will sag even more. Where does the excess skin from arms and belly go? I don't want to work hard to lose the weight, just to have excess skin that hangs even lower in the front. I know that I can always wear Spanx or something to hide it, but does anyone know from experience if as you lose weight, does it go away?
    Thanks for the help 24 pounds down, 70 more to go!!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    With weight lifting and muscel toning that gets better.
  • angel1face
    angel1face Posts: 110
    Options
    I heard if you do proper crunches and set yourself on a reg bassis it could help tone up your tummy, so we get less flab.:flowerforyou:
  • Binkylove
    Binkylove Posts: 161
    Options
    Wow ........i never thought about where the flab goes once you lose weight. Id like to know the answer to that to:laugh:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • blackbeltfairy
    Options
    If you lose a really large amount of weight, you can be stuck with flappy skin. Depending on where you live, (i.e. if you're a lucky Canadian in a province with universal health care) you may be able to get surgery covered, worst case scenario.

However, I'm pretty sure that if you lose what you're planning to at a reasonable pace, you don't end up with it to the same extent.
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    i've lost 100lbs.:happy: i have hanging skin.:grumble: :grumble:
    i've heard it will get better w/in the next 2 years!:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

oh well. i look great with clothes on now!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    this has been discussed a bunch of times before on here... to sum it up, will the flab go or stay depends on the person, chances the skin will shrink are bigger if

- you lose the weight slowly
    - you excercise the areas as you lose the weight
    - you are under 30 years old
    - you have oily skin
    - you haven't lost and regained a lot of weight too many times already

that's what i can think of... but then again i have a tick next to each of the above, yet right now my arms and belly are saggy, too... :ohwell: i've heard it can take about an year after you finish losing the pudge for the skin to shrink, so let's have patience, excercise regularly and hope for the best :flowerforyou:
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    All I can say is that I have a tummy tuck consultation October 27th :smile:
  • toribug
    toribug Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all the weight loss. I hope to get down to 135 and after 3 kids, I too have a belly and excess skin. I would rather be 135 and have it than 212. I tell my 16yr old, "this is what babies do to you", but I also say my belly is my love marks from my kids. Maybe one day I can have a tummy tuck but untill then I will enjoy watching my belly shrink. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: