Hello from Australia

Options
Just joined today. Hoping to lose a few kilos so can feel fabulous in a bikini!

Problems with snacking. Can't stop eating after lunch even if I am full, will keep eating. Same with chocolate, if I have a big bar, I cannot stop at a few pieces, I will eat until I feel sick and then prob go back and polish it off 30 minutes later.

I also drink alot of wine but trying to go at least two days with none to start with.

Replies

• snugglesworthjr
    snugglesworthjr Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hey there! It was because of my recent trip to Aus that I decided (yet again) to try and lose some fat. All the pretty girls in bikinis that I saw there made me very jealous of their bodies. Feel free to add me for some support
  • kymdarnell
    Options
    Hi there, ex Aussie girl here - living in New Zealand...friend me please. I so know what you mean about the attitude "might as well finish the chocolate bar etc" and as for the wine - again, I so know what you mean. It really is all about control - I found when I wanted a chocolate bar I would have a huge glass of water - it does take awhile but it becomes easier to get the control. Now as for the wine I use to drink probably a bottle every night - I cut down to 3 bottles a week, then 2 a week then 1 and now I will only have one bottle once a month .... best of luck and just write on here if you want to have a drink or that whole bar - someone will tell you not to do it....lol....
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    The water is a good trick but I usually drink 2-3 litres a day anyway. I just need to learn some willpower. Trouble is with xmas coming up, I am in the mentality of "i'll start in January'
  • miriamparkinson
    miriamparkinson Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wine is definitely my weakness as well. A bottle most nights would be rather typical over the past year and that alongside being sidelined for exercise through injury (costo-vertebral joint sprain and compression fractures in three vertebrae from a snowboarding accident) is the main reason for my weight gain.

I'm cutting back on wine (trying to halve my consumption as a starting point) but I think I'll always work a glass or two a night into my diet - I would feel like I was depriving myself if I couldn't have a glass of wine with dinner.

I'm also an Aussie - feel free to add me :-)