Question about drinking 8 glasses a day

Options
So, I hate drinking water... Usually, it gets down to the end of the day and I've only had 4 or 6 glasses... Question is, is it better to guzzle down 4 glasses of water at 8pm before bed or just skip it for the day?

Replies

• fatkidsgottaeat
    fatkidsgottaeat Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i would just take it down at the end of the day (if u can stand it, haha.) maybe try crystal light?--lots of flavors and i think only 5 calories per glass. or fresh brewed tea?
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Try this-it worked for me

Sassy Water

1 pitcher regular water
    add-sliced lemon, sliced cucumber, sliced fresh ginger and fresh mint sprigs. Taste delish and keeps you hydrated without retaining water.
  • lc504
    lc504 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't do it, just because I know I'd be running to the bathroom every hour after guzzling 4 glasses of water before bed, lol. Drink a glass, maybe, and try & do better to get in more throughout the next day.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'd just try to drink more earlier. What worked for me is always having a glass of water WITH a straw by me. For some reason it is much easier to drink a lot through a straw.
  • fitnoflab
    Options
    Yeah, I'd just try to drink more earlier. What worked for me is always having a glass of water WITH a straw by me. For some reason it is much easier to drink a lot through a straw.

Same here but not a straw, a bottle makes me drink tons. If I fill a liter water bottle I just guzzle away. I do this three times at my thirstiest and don't have to think about it.
  • cmoe25027
    cmoe25027 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The 8 glasses of water rule is a myth. Drink when you are thirsty. Signs of dehydration are easy to recognize: dry mouth and dark pee are the most common. Just about any non alcoholic beverage will keep you hydrated, even ones with caffeine, so drink what you want. That being said, I stick to water for most of my fluids because it makes me feel good and is calorie cheap : )

Cheers,
    Collin
  • mugsisme
    mugsisme Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Here is a cool calculator I found.
    http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm

Now they are recommending you take your weight, divide it in half, and drink that many ounces. I believe from this calculator it also matters if it is very hot or cold or if you exercise a lot. Anyway. I try to drink most of my drinks in the morning. This afternoon I was running the bathroom every 10 mins, which sorta cancels out all the water I drank today. :(
  • kellyjamespro
    kellyjamespro Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Go to Wal-mart
    Buy the 64oz water bottle
    Take it to work with you and drink it throughout the day (Add Ice if needed)
    Once you finish it your done for the day
    I guarantee you will start hitting your 8 of 8 a day
    You will likely be done before 5pm