Excited again!

Options
Hello everyone! I am so excited to have found this site!

A little history: I started my weight loss journey on June 28, 2008 at 179lbs. I was down to 146 lbs at Christmas but my 86 yr old mother, who lives with me was in the hospital twice over the winter plus I was laid off my job and then started a new one (blessed with that) so my motivation slipped and my energy diverted to other things. I was really struggling getting back to my journey but this site is so helpful in keeping me focused! It makes it fun! I love checking in with lower numbers each day, even though it has only been a few days! lol I was hoping to reach my goal of 125 by the one year mark but will be happy if I can get it done by mid summer. I can't wait to see what the scale says tomorrow morning!

Here is to keeping on track and a positive attitude toward SUCCESS!!!

Replies

• pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am so excited to have found this site!

A little history: I started my weight loss journey on June 28, 2008 at 179lbs. I was down to 146 lbs at Christmas but my 86 yr old mother, who lives with me was in the hospital twice over the winter plus I was laid off my job and then started a new one (blessed with that) so my motivation slipped and my energy diverted to other things. I was really struggling getting back to my journey but this site is so helpful in keeping me focused! It makes it fun! I love checking in with lower numbers each day, even though it has only been a few days! lol I was hoping to reach my goal of 125 by the one year mark but will be happy if I can get it done by mid summer. I can't wait to see what the scale says tomorrow morning!

Here is to keeping on track and a positive attitude toward SUCCESS!!!
  • kitn621
    kitn621 Posts: 215
    Options
    welcome and good luck! I am loving this site. It has helped me so far with just realizing what horrible things i put in my body and how to fix that. to cook right so as to make sure I can be healthy not only for myself but my family. I hope you can achieve all of your short and long time goals through all the support here.:smile:
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I agree about helping to realize what I am putting into my body. When you have to log it in and actually see the effect...it helps keep those cookies out of my mouth let me tell you!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP the best website ever. I :heart: it here and I think you will too. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful and is so easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • mc92367
    mc92367 Posts: 14
    Options
    I so agree with you. Everyone should stay very positive.