Cheap gifts for coworkers?

Options
casirdms
casirdms Posts: 145 Member
Anyone have any ideas for cheap gifts for coworkers? I have about 10 or so women in my department to buy little gifts for. I finished all my shopping and had forgotten about them [whoops!]

An example, one girl today passed out those mini hand sanitizers that can clip on your keychain, backpack, etc.

Replies

• SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    If you have a dollar store in your area, they generally have coffee mugs with candy, tea, or cocoa in them ($1 each)
  • SuddenlyPickles
    Options
    Everyone loves scratch cards :)
    Baked goods
    Yummy-smelling soaps
    SOCKSSSS
    Two or three gourmet chocolates/truffles (nummy)
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I do their work for them.
  • SuddenlyPickles
    Options

HA! That's a pretty big gift ;)
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    This time of year, Bath and Body Works usually has their Bigelow lip glosses on sale for pretty cheap, and the have different flavors, etc.
  • casirdms
    Options

Well I work in Radiology and we each do something different [ultrasound, mammo, flouro, mri] so I don't think that would work! haha
  • casirdms
    Options
    Everyone loves scratch cards :)
    Baked goods
    Yummy-smelling soaps
    SOCKSSSS
    Two or three gourmet chocolates/truffles (nummy)

I love the idea of scratch cards!!
  • stcar
    stcar Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    gift cards for coffee shops...starbucks etc...or bake cookies and wrap in cute bags or dollar store tins...or make a big batch of homemade nuts and bolts....
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    what about Christmas mugs with chocolates inside, or homemade treats (i make these, but just use hershey hugs http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/holiday-pretzel-treats-685006/)? Then you could take the previous poster's suggestion and put a couple of scratchoffs in!!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Mix up a batch of cookie dough, shape it into a log and wrap in plastic wrap or foil. Refrigerate until firm then wrap in freezer paper and tie each end w/a ribbon. tape a piece of wrapping paper around the center and freeze. Give with a tag instructing to slice and bake at 350 degrees (or whatever) and for how long.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, I can't believe I forgot my go to!
    My friends call it Christmas crack.

For one (large) batch:
    1pkg of chocolate chips
    1/2 pkg of Oreos
    mint extract

Crush the Oreos into small pieces--I use a potato mashed.
    Melt the chips until smooth. I stick in microwave 60seconds at a time, stirring, until melted. It usually takes 2 minutes.
    Put in a helping of the extract...how much depends on how minty you want it...into the melted chocolate, then pour the chocolate over the crushed Oreos and stir.
    Spread over a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper and stick in the fridge until set. Break into small pieces, put in a cute bag/tin and you're done!

I made chocolate-mint with mint extract and crushed candy canes and cran-orange with orange zest and craisins. The combo choices are endless and one batch would probably make enough for 3-4small bags.
  • susanloveszumba
    Options
    what are scratch cards?
  • lambeas
    lambeas Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Bath & Body works... 5 lotions/bubble baths for $25.00..
  • broken_star1134
    broken_star1134 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I saw an awesome idea the other day...You get canned veggies or whatever that have the pull tab opening tops. Open them by the bottom but leave the can attached a little bit. Wash the can out, wrap it with pretty paper and put a bow on it. Put whatever you want in the can. Pair of fuzzy socks, baked goods, candies, etc. and then you hot glue the bottom closed. Put a little tag onto the tab that says "Pull Tab to Open" or something like that :o) thought it was a cute idea. They will most likely think they are getting a can of food since it doesn't look like it's been opened yet LOL
  • pen2u
    pen2u Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My co-workers love the spiced pecans I give every year. Get the pecans at Costco, the 2 lb bag will give you 8+ cups of finished product which is good for 16 small gifts or 8 larger servings. I use Sunset Magazine's recipe:

http://www.sunset.com/food-wine/holidays-occasions/gifts-from-kitchen-recipes-00400000048529/page7.html

It is ridiculously quick and easy! You can churn out a double batch in less than :30.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    If I want something small I usually got for small picture frames. Especially if they can have pictures on their desk.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Bake them cookies
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I'm going to put some awesome treats (something involving bacon) in a cello-bag with a sandstone coaster at the bottom. For whatever reason, my office goes through a 5 gallon water cooler a day, and they all have pools on their desks from their cups. Figured I'd get 'em something to absorb it with. They have them at the Dollar Tree.
  • alapoint89
    Options
    christmas card!!! they will always remember you!!!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I saw an awesome idea the other day...You get canned veggies or whatever that have the pull tab opening tops. Open them by the bottom but leave the can attached a little bit. Wash the can out, wrap it with pretty paper and put a bow on it. Put whatever you want in the can. Pair of fuzzy socks, baked goods, candies, etc. and then you hot glue the bottom closed. Put a little tag onto the tab that says "Pull Tab to Open" or something like that :o) thought it was a cute idea. They will most likely think they are getting a can of food since it doesn't look like it's been opened yet LOL

This is awesome! I wanna do this now!~!