how many days after a binge...

hey everyone! I used to binge a lot... anywhere from one to four times a week, not good. for the past month I've been doing really well and have been managing to not binge, but tonight I was feeling a lot of stress and ultimately gave in to cookies and ice cream... oops. I'm not feeling guilty about it because I've done so well for so long, so I'm not going to obsess over one night where I didn't do as well as I could have. with all that being said, my weigh in day is on Friday. I weigh myself only once a month, so this is pretty exciting! but, do you guys think I should weigh myself later? how many days after a binge do you generally return to your normal weight? I really don't want to be disappointed or discouraged on Friday after all the hard work I've put in this month. so, do you think the bloating and what not that comes from binging will be down by then? thanks and happy holidays!!! :)

Replies

• I say weigh yourself on schedule. Own it.
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Keep your weigh in day. It shouldn't hurt your numbers too much if you get back on track. Good luck!
  • I would say still weigh yourself on Friday...It is only Monday today. And having said that I am sure the binge did not put back all the pounds you could have lost this past month! I bet you will still have a success!
  • i am proud of you for not beating yourself up for your binge. You look great in your pic, so no worries :) Keep your weigh in day..I doubt one binge is going to alter those numbers too much...and if you only weigh once a month...your numbers will be good anyway!!!
  • Drink lots and lots of water and you should be ok
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    I say weigh yourself on schedule. Own it.

This^^^
  • tjpinch
    tjpinch Posts: 87 Member
    I'm not sure I'd weigh myself the day after a binge, but you've got lots of time. In the unlikely event that you put on weight from one bad day, it's mere ounces. I'm sure weigh-in day will go great!
  • hopebuck
    hopebuck Posts: 138
    it is 2 days for it to show up. But, I agree with everyone else...weigh on friday. and warm lemon water REALLY helps with the bloating and helps you even out after ONE binge...just be sure to not do it again this week :)